Type keyword(s) to search

The Traitors (NZ) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

just finished it, same as LakeGal on Crave. 

it was enjoyable, but it did show some of the trouble of people playing the game who obviously knew it, i assume they would have had access at least to the Australian version prior to playing.    It will be interesting to see how seasons 2 in other countries go, and how production adapts. 

Edited by Meander
  • Like 1

I have watched the entire season.  I too thought how the participants must have seen the other shows from other countries.  When they were first told to line up I did wonder if they knew in the past that the 2 last people were told to leave and then came back.  But they did change that part.  

I also found it interesting that after the last seduction they all kept talking about the person that was blackmailed to join the Traitors.  We know that Colin was not given a choice or he would be murdered.  But I was surprised that they all talked about being blackmailed to be the Traitor.  Did they just assume that because they had watched other series?  I kept wondering if Brooke or Colin had slipped up and mentioned the blackmailing.  Earlier when others were seduced they were given a choice to join the Traitors or remain a Faithful.  How did they all know that the last one was blackmailed?

I was quite surprised that Dan turned on a fellow Traitor at the very first banishment.  I would not have trusted him.  I was quite delighted that Robbie tried to out him on her way out.  It also worked.  I also felt that both Dan and Brooke wanted to get rid of the women.  That irritated me a bit.   

I find it interesting when I watch this show that I get torn between cheering for the Traitors and cheering for the Faithful.  At the end I was happy with the result.  I did not want a Traitor to win at the end.  I did notice that Sam wrote an E at the end of the name so I knew he did not write Anna on his board.  I was surprised that Sam finally got over his attachment to Brooke.  

It was a nice assortment of players.  I realize several of them were minor celebrities in NZ.  But they were all unknown to me.  

• Like 3
On 9/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, LakeGal said:

It was a nice assortment of players.  I realize several of them were minor celebrities in NZ.  But they were all unknown to me.  

I knew Matt Heath as a contestant on season 2 of Taskmaster NZ where he was really fun. but that was all. 

I also found it interesting that after the last seduction they all kept talking about the person that was blackmailed to join the Traitors.  We know that Colin was not given a choice or he would be murdered.  But I was surprised that they all talked about being blackmailed to be the Traitor.  Did they just assume that because they had watched other series?  I kept wondering if Brooke or Colin had slipped up and mentioned the blackmailing.  Earlier when others were seduced they were given a choice to join the Traitors or remain a Faithful.  How did they all know that the last one was blackmailed?

what i figure is they obviously knew how many Traitors there was, and that when you come down to one you don't have a choice. UK had an "Ultimatum" like that, but they didn't use the word "blackmail". 

I find it interesting when I watch this show that I get torn between cheering for the Traitors and cheering for the Faithful.  At the end I was happy with the result.  I did not want a Traitor to win at the end.  I did notice that Sam wrote an E at the end of the name so I knew he did not write Anna on his board.  I was surprised that Sam finally got over his attachment to Brooke.  

probably should have done this in one post 🤣

I saw the writing by Sam also, i figured this was the producer giving us a wink to Brooke previously saying he was watching other players motion when writing names at banishment 

• Like 2

Ok so i signed up for Peacock just for the Traitors. Now i am getting Season 1 first 6 episodes and then nothing.  Does anyone know what's up with this? 

18 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Ok so i signed up for Peacock just for the Traitors. Now i am getting Season 1 first 6 episodes and then nothing.  Does anyone know what's up with this? 

They’ve been releasing S1 NZ two episodes each Thursday, so that’s all there is so far. Have you already caught up with US, UK, and AUS?

• Like 2

Yes I've watched US, UK and AUS both seasons 1 & 2. Season 2 of AUS ending was awesome!. I started watching New Zealand season 1 last night and I was wondering what was up. Thanks for the info!

7Season 2 ending of AUS was epic!

• Like 1