Type keyword(s) to search

Favourite Character?

POLL OPEN

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, i dont read the book so i dont know if a favourite character would differ on reading the book or not. Anyways i was wondering what your favourite character is, personally mine is Aimee.. she a really cool, chilled funny character i kinda like to explore her past in an episode. Anyways who is your favourite?

Edited by TheWalkingFat
  • Love 2

Kevin's sweatpants? (The "Walking Dead" board has a "Carl's Hat" thread.)

What I find really interesting is that I don't like any of these people—and yet I like the show. If I had to choose I'd say Matt—but only because I like Christopher Eccleston. (I even watched "Heroes.")

Also, I think of Kevin, Matt, Lucy & Dean by their jobs rather than by name: the chief, the rev, the mayor & the creep.

• Love 1

In isolation, I have sympathies for a lot of the characters. Kevin, Jill, Tom, Nora, Aimee. I want to know more about them and see them find some semblance of happiness. But they're a tough bunch to actually like, because there are too many unpleasant aspects of their behaviour. I suppose that Kevin and Nora are probably the most likeable, for different reasons.

Nora for her strength and wit, in the face of everything she's lost. And she's become pretty awesome since Wayne hugged her cares away. Dousing the GR and telling Laurie to stop being such a worthless excuse for a human being were very cool moments.

And Kevin, I just feel is in a really, really crappy situation. He's inherited a job he probably wasn't ready for, because his dad went crazy. His wife has left him to join a cult, then asked for a divorce. His daughter is the definition of a troubled teen, and he doesn't know how to deal with it. And his son is gone, and has cut off all contact with him. On top of that, he's having crazy dreams and blackouts, and was, until recently, drugged up to the eyeballs in an attempt control all of this.

But he has self awareness about his shortcomings that I like, and he doesn't try to blame other people for everything. He's trying to shoulder all of his burdens, and failing. I can respect that.

Aimee is an odd one. I like her, and she gets some of the few funny lines, delivering them well. But for the first few episodes, it was almost like she was a joint figment of Kevin and Jill's imagination. A peanut gallery presence in their house, making wry comments and quietly encouraging both of them, in different ways. Which, now I think of it, is interesting, because from what we've seen, Aimee does seem to genuinely care about both Jill and Kevin, and wants to help them both. I'd like to know more about her.

• Love 1

...What I find really interesting is that I don't like any of these people—and yet I like the show....

Exactly my thoughts when I read this thread title. But there are moments when I have also liked each of them which are quickly followed by other actions to remind me why I don't like any of them. Margaret Qualley is beautiful as an emo teen, and reminds me of my middle daughter for it--who I love but can only take in small doses now that she's an adult. Justin Theroux has beautiful skin in the close ups, and wants to be a "good guy" now, but seems to have a target on his back and blackouts where Mr. Hyde reappears. Matt tries so hard to do right--but only succeeds in driving people to violence. Aimee is the voice of reason--but may be banging her bff's dad. Nora's the most likable, but her emotional pain is too painful to watch. The rest of them have smaller likable moments, but, yeah, I wouldn't want to spend too much time with any of them either. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Margaret Qualley is beautiful as an emo teen

And I have, just this moment, learned that she is Andie MacDowell's daughter. You know, it's a bit disturbing when actors you had a crush on growing up now have their own grown up kids.

Anyway, I agree that she plays the part of Jill really well, and manages to give her such vulnerability, that I can always feel for her, even in her bitchiest, cruelest moments.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 2

I don't see Patti in the list.

Originally, I would have picked her.  Yes, she was a tiresome crank with an incoherent and contradictory philosophy, but she at least had the grace to kill herself so that we wouldn't have to put up with her any more (if only more characters followed her example).  But now that she's showing-up in Kevin Jr's dreams. my hopes are dashed.

So I guess now I'll vote for the Frost twins.

(edited)

Justin Theroux's....ummm.....running pants. ;)

Here's hoping he gets some spandex fitted shorts for running in the Texas heat.

(In all seriousness, Kevin Jr is my favorite character. I also liked Aimee.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1

Did anyone catch how Kevin's dog came back from being buried by his daughter and the "Boners." Maybe I'm wrong{I frequently am}but that first dog shot in front of him after his jog is the same as the one he ends up with at the end of season 2, right?