Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Chapter 1: Homme Fatale

• Start Topic

Darby Hart is dubbed as a “Gen Z Sherlock”. For real??! How successful is she? She’s nowhere near Lisbeth Salander, let alone Sherlock. 🙄

Darby seems to be paying more attention into victim’s personal life than the criminal’s mind.

Flashbacks of Darby and Bill are more intriguing than everything that’s happening in the current timeline.

There’s an instant connection between Bill and little Zoomer. Is he the bio dad? When Bill was dating Darby 6 years ago, he knew nothing about Lee Anderson. Then he started dating his ex’s hero? That’s fishy, hmm. 🤨

• Like 4

Who walks around with their headphones outside their hoody?  Why does Bill have the ugliest hairstyle ever?  Lots of fishy things going on.

All the garage doors opening at once was hilarious.  "Hacks" frequently aren't.

"This has been redone!"  They're trying to sell a house - lots of things will have been redone.

• Like 3

By Brit Marlin standards this is shockingly normal so far. Its clearly going to be dreamy, weird, and existential but the plot itself seems to be pretty easy to understand so far. Its a moody Glass Onion but its cold instead of hot, got it.

Not a bad start, Brit Marlin's stuff can be hit or miss but its always a ride.

• Like 3
On 11/15/2023 at 2:11 PM, Bluesky said:

Hate the actress who plays Darby.  Seems so one dimensional.  They are ok. But all I can see is an off brand Elisabeth Moss 

Edited by Emcber
The actor playing Darby goes by they/them pronouns
5 hours ago, Emcber said:

In the show or personal life?   I have never heard of this actor so I could only assume she was an actress.  Thanks for the info. 
   Too many facial expressions for long moments  maybe that’s the directors fault  but it bugs me  

On 11/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, Emcber said:

In their personal life per Wikipedia. Agree on the facial expressions. Like I said in my initial comment all I can think of is a bit younger Elisabeth Moss 😂

Is that the star of Handmaids ?    Those faces almost ruined the show!

Some additional thoughts and observations upon a rewatch:

Are they implying that the Silver Doe killer is a cop?

BILL: “Or at least let’s just tell the police where we are so they know where we’re going.”

DARBY: “What, so they can stop us from proving that one of their own was the killer?”

Is Zoomer real? Is he a robot?

• He can tell you how old he is down to the second. It feels like a computer program, don’t you think? He recites “Alternative Intelligence” like a daily mantra.
  • Zoomer also doesn’t eat anything throughout the dinner. He reaches for some bread but Andy tells him ‘no’.
  • Oliver (the robotic expert) doesn’t travel with the other guests. He could’ve arrived in Iceland much earlier to work on a “special” project.

Oxygen tank being delivered to Lee’s room. Is it for Lee or Zoomer? For medical or non-medical purpose?

25831E58-D4BE-48C1-B448-721C6FF998BC.jpeg

This is unrelated to the murder mysteries. 401 is a HTTP code for unauthorized access.

55B35C8D-7D72-4B62-8E53-326EE397CFEA.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 11/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, Emcber said:

In their personal life per Wikipedia. Agree on the facial expressions. Like I said in my initial comment all I can think of is a bit younger Elisabeth Moss 😂

I thought of a cross between Jodie Foster and Helen Hunt. In appearance, I mean.

• Like 3