Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E010: Zoë & Vivian

• Start Topic

I had seen speculation that Ulysses was the killer and that he meant to kill Feng, so that didn't come as a big surprise, but it was the scenario that made the most sense. I know a lot of people don't like Ken Jeong because he's over-the-top a lot, like Will Ferrell. I don't mind that as much as others do, but I have to say, when he gets away from that, I think he's a good actor. His performance was still funny but had a lot of humanity and some sadness too. 

LOVED the proposal scene and the movie at the end. Keke Palmer, Jaleel White, Elijah Wood, and Daniel Radcliffe? Yes, please!

31 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I really want that ending to be a teaser for the next season...

I hadn't thought of that, but that would be great! Maybe there's a murder on the set while Aniq and Zoe are visiting? Or at the premiere?

• Like 4

I binged the first season not long ago so it was really great to watch this season with time to process between episodes. I figured out the mystery after the Ulysses and Feng episodes but I saw so many wild theories on Reddit that I had begun to question if they would go for something more shocking. I really like that they make it solvable. I love Only Murders in the Building but I don’t really think it’s great as a solvable mystery. 

I loved the movie casting for all the characters. Gemma Chan was perfect as Zoe. As was Keke Palmer as Danner. 

10 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

I know a lot of people don't like Ken Jeong because he's over-the-top a lot, like Will Ferrell. I don't mind that as much as others do, but I have to say, when he gets away from that, I think he's a good actor. His performance was still funny but had a lot of humanity and some sadness too. 

I completely agree. He was a highlight for me this season and I really loved his relationship with Vivian. 

10 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

I hadn't thought of that, but that would be great! Maybe there's a murder on the set while Aniq and Zoe are visiting? Or at the premiere?

Maybe the premiere afterparty or the wrap party. I really hope it happens. Even better if they bring back the season 1 cast. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I completely agree. He was a highlight for me this season and I really loved his relationship with Vivian. 

The episodes were hit and miss for me but the great chemistry the cast have made it worth watching. 

• Like 1

Please tell me that the next season takes place at the afterparty of the premiere of the movie that Danner is making! I need to see that amazing cast in action!  Aniq and Zoe really cant go anywhere without a murder happening. 

Ulysses was on my suspect list but I wasn't totally sure until they said that Edgar wasn't actually the real target, then everything came together. Neither season's ending was a totally wild plot twist but I like that they are both mysteries that we can be solved by the audience. 

Ken Jeong is very hit or miss for me, but I honestly think that this was his best performance in years, he went over the top a few times but there was a lot of sincerity to him here that was missing for awhile in his parts. 

• Like 1

I thought the ending was pretty good. I liked how it was kind of an accidental thing so it made it different than last season. I saw the glass switch but I thought that might have been some kind of misdirection.

The only thing I didn't buy was that everyone was a suspect. No way everyone at that party recognizes the deadly plant and knows how to use it to make a fatal dose of poison. 

I did like how we got wrap ups for all the characters, although I am not sure the crypto ending makes sense (although I don't know enough about the subject to know for sure).  Because Sebastian sold it for 60 cents on the dollar. But the value of crypto currancy is just sort of made up, so isn't that still a ton of profit?

Also disappointed they didn't actually get Daniel Radcliffe for the end. Because based on his recent career choices it seems like something he would do.

23 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

although I am not sure the crypto ending makes sense (although I don't know enough about the subject to know for sure).  Because Sebastian sold it for 60 cents on the dollar. But the value of crypto currancy is just sort of made up, so isn't that still a ton of profit?

He sold it for 60 cents on the dollar, but Travis had his reddit friends purchase the crypto from whomever Sebastian sold it. As more and more people purchase, the price of crypto increases. So the intermediary bought at 60 cents each, but probably sold at $1-5 or more and made a heck more of a profit than Sebastian did. 

52 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

He sold it for 60 cents on the dollar, but Travis had his reddit friends purchase the crypto from whomever Sebastian sold it. As more and more people purchase, the price of crypto increases. So the intermediary bought at 60 cents each, but probably sold at $1-5 or more and made a heck more of a profit than Sebastian did. 

Mostly I don't get Travis's comment about how he and his friends win by becoming the house. Unless the friends sell the crypto they didn't win anything, and it is not like cryptocurrency is known as a secure investment, and once it gets released that the founder died mysteriously I am not sure that would benefit them.

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Mostly I don't get Travis's comment about how he and his friends win by becoming the house. Unless the friends sell the crypto they didn't win anything, and it is not like cryptocurrency is known as a secure investment, and once it gets released that the founder died mysteriously I am not sure that would benefit them.

If they were able to sell before the announcement of his death, then they would be the ones making the most profit. 

On 9/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I thought the ending was pretty good. I liked how it was kind of an accidental thing so it made it different than last season. I saw the glass switch but I thought that might have been some kind of misdirection.

The only thing I didn't buy was that everyone was a suspect. No way everyone at that party recognizes the deadly plant and knows how to use it to make a fatal dose of poison. 

I did like how we got wrap ups for all the characters, although I am not sure the crypto ending makes sense (although I don't know enough about the subject to know for sure).  Because Sebastian sold it for 60 cents on the dollar. But the value of crypto currancy is just sort of made up, so isn't that still a ton of profit?

Also disappointed they didn't actually get Daniel Radcliffe for the end. Because based on his recent career choices it seems like something he would do.

I also don't like the ending. My expectations were more. When I was searching on Google for essay samples to assist me with my paper, I stumbled upon this https://writinguniverse.com/ website. It's a place where I can read various essay samples, particularly those related to concert reviews. These samples have been incredibly useful in helping me complete my work on schedule.

I also don't like the ending. My expectations were more.

Edited by FaithHinkle