Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E08: Mr. Feng

• Start Topic

This season has been hit and miss for me (mostly miss…that detective Danner episode 😬) but this was by far my favorite episode so far. Really liked the dynamic between Zoe, Grace and Vivian.

• Like 2

Ken Jong can be very polarizing where his acting and persona is concerned and my enjoyment of him varies wildly. That said, I really liked this episode. He made Feng very relatable and sympathetic.

I also liked that Vivian cleared up any uncertainty about their future. Her affair was an emotional lapse is judgement. What she and Feng have is a true, deep love and appreciation for each other. 

I still have no idea who did it. Right now my theory is Edgar accidentally killed himself- death by misadventure. 

ooo, what would be really ironic is if Aniq did something that accidentally caused Edgar’s death! He’s trying to find the guilty party but the guilty party is him!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, HelloooKitty said:

still have no idea who did it. Right now my theory is Edgar accidentally killed himself- death by misadventure. 

Same. I was just thinking it can't be Grace or Hannah because they just deserve a happy ending. Lol. It's too obvious to be Grace's ex or Sebastian, or really, his mom. What if there was some ingredient in the baobing that interacted with Edgar's biohacking that caused such a reaction to it. He and his lizard hating it immediately. They did a great job hiring the actual murderer on season 1, in plain sight, so I'm expecting it to be the same here.

This is so frustrating. I had a repairperson coming to the house yesterday so I left work in the middle of the day. While I was waiting for him I started watching this episode. I watched about five minutes before he arrived and I turned off the tv. When I came home I tried to watch the rest of it, but couldn't. When I opened the apple+ through xfinity all that I got was a black screen with the apple logo and tv+ in white. I left that on for half an hour and it didn't load. So I went to my bedroom tv and tried. It was the same thing. I thought it might be an xfinity problem so I used by fire stick and had the same issue. Then I went to our spare bedroom. The tv isnt' connected to xfinity and has a roku stick. It was exactly the same thing. I tried again this morning and it still won't load. Is anyone else having this problem?

I assume that if it was an issue with my subscription I'd get a screen asking me to login in or a screen telling me I have to subscribe. But I'm not; I'm just getting that apple logo.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:37 PM, HelloooKitty said:

I still have no idea who did it. Right now my theory is Edgar accidentally killed himself- death by misadventure. 

I have a theory but I'll put it as spoiler cause I think I found a really big clue: 

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Ulysses is the killer. I think he intended to poison Feng with the drink he gave him in his retelling. Feng puts his drink down in front of Edgar, but then ends up picking up the wrong glass. He takes Edgar's drink instead of his own.  We also see Edgar drink that drink in Hanna's story and he gives a sip to Roxana. 

• Like 3

I was delighted to hear Xavier's song Imma Live Forever from S1 during the video taken at the wedding reception. At first I thought that the videographer had added it but then the next song seemed to be clearly music played during the reception.

I am hoping that maybe Feng will be cleared because someone else ate the baobing that Edgar rejected. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ksutton625 said:

I have a theory but I'll put it as spoiler cause I think I found a really big clue: 

I haven't been actively trying to solve the murder, but I also noticed that! I went to Reddit to see what they were thinking, and that's also the most widely-accepted theory -- someone worked out the potential timeline here. There are people arguing that this episode was a bunch of misdirects, though. A lot of people still think Hannah did it, either through poisoning the pool (at one point she mentioned a lot of dead bees in it) or pouring some of her drink (which she brought from outside) into Edgar's glass. I really hope it's not her, as I'm rooting for her and Grace.

9 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I really hope it's not her, as I'm rooting for her and Grace.

Don't worry, I highly doubt it's Hannah... she seems to be portrayed as Grace's True Love, and it would be too cruel of the writers if Grace lost Hannah (to prison) as well as Edgar (to poison, presumably :P).

This is supposed to be a fun murder mystery after all! So I can't see them giving us such a downer ending...

Edited by chrisrose
  • Like 1