Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Is Believed

gesundheit
  • Start Topic

Best episode so far (#3 was a bit much with all the fast-cut montages set to loud music). But I hope the next time we all sit through a piece of storytelling about this, there's a new and slightly happier ending. It's just torture to see every moment of hope and know it all ends the same way.

Unrelated: people on TV are constantly getting rid of out-of-control people by putting them in cars to drive. "You're so high you can't even fasten your seatbelt! Here, let me help you with that so you can drive through this town where all our loved ones live and drive!"

• Like 6
23 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Unrelated: people on TV are constantly getting rid of out-of-control people by putting them in cars to drive. "You're so high you can't even fasten your seatbelt! Here, let me help you with that so you can drive through this town where all our loved ones live and drive!"

Do not let him drive! He can barely stand up.  It's the whole "get away from me" without thinking about the consequences of putting someone behind the wheel.  Sure, he'll nod off and be safely buckled in, but who could he hit? 

Ah, lying to Congress as an opening.  Bwahhahahaha!  It's the coverup that'll take you down.  Sackler is such a garbage person in every possible way.  

• Like 3

Did Shannon actually sleep with that doctor? They just cut away abruptly.  It disgusts me that she quickly brushed off her concerns after getting paid off by the company and started recruiting others into the bullshit.

It's shocking to see that their quote from a medical journal came from a letter to the editor.  I wonder why no one tried to verify the source before?

It shocked me when the car fell from the lift, Glen could have been killed.  I do wonder why the stepson didn't bring up his concerns before though, good for him for getting out of the dangerous environment.  Mte to the post above on why people are letting Glen drive around.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Do not let him drive! He can barely stand up.  It's the whole "get away from me" without thinking about the consequences of putting someone behind the wheel.  Sure, he'll nod off and be safely buckled in, but who could he hit? 

Ah, lying to Congress as an opening.  Bwahhahahaha!  It's the coverup that'll take you down.  Sackler is such a garbage person in every possible way.  

I was so nervous about him driving! I was yelling at the TV. Also the scene with the overhead car had me on the edge of my seat. This guy is a disaster. 

I guess we've reached the point where the pharmaceutical rep. is having a crisis of conscience like the male. rep in Dopesick. But he was more likable to me. I have little sympathy for Shannon and her trainer. They are both horrible. 

• Like 1

I have no sympathy.  She was chasing the money.  There were so many red flags along the way that she had every opportunity to see what she was getting into.  She may have been shocked by some of the expectations in her position, but that does not absolve her guilt in perpetuating this system.