Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Sexiness

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Everyone is dumping on Tina, and she is not having it. I liked when she refused to reimburse the valets for Joyce with a flat 'no'.

I was confused about 'Graham' because I thought they said he was Glenn Frey in the last episode. 

I kind of feel bad for Bambi. She seems to genuinely like Shelly (Shellfish so great) and keeps getting rebuffed. She was great at the club. 

I'm not really sure where Shelly is going. She's been swinging really hard; I'm not sure why sex with Bambi is that big a deal at this point. I mean, I suppose she knows she likes her too and is working through it, but she's still having a lot of sex. 

I don't quite why Joyce was so against Club Minx though. Doug was correct in that Minx should be expanding the brand beyond just the magazine. I think Joyce owed him more than just a 'no' at least out of professional respect. Ok, maybe the club idea doesn't work, but expanding Minx is a legitimate conversation to have. Just shutting him down is short-sighted. 

Not to fault Richie, but Joyce was correct about the bath house shoot. She also owed him an explanation. 

• Like 1

So this is taking place in 72. Chippendales didn't come around until 75 so Doug thought up the idea first. Maybe down the line he can sue.

12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Not to fault Richie, but Joyce was correct about the bath house shoot. She also owed him an explanation. 

Yeah I didn't get why she couldn't just explain why the bathhouse idea was bad. 

• Like 1

I think the timestamp said 1973. I didn't know Chip was still in 1975. The problem I have with Joyce saying no, is that she already admitted that Doug has good ideas when he suggested Constance publish Minx. 

She could have acknowledged that it was a good idea, but not what she thinks of the Minx brand. That's entirely her prerogative since Minx is her intellectual property, then maybe have Constance remark that expanding on Minx while it's so hot is the right business move. 

The main point of the episode though was that Joyce was up her own ass, and she needs to snap out of it. She blew off Shelly before the bath house meeting too. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah I didn't get why she couldn't just explain why the bathhouse idea was bad. 

I suppose the point was that Tina was schooling Joyce on being able to say no, which she did to Doug at the end. However, I thought Joyce mismanaged both scenarios. 

I don't think it was bad. Instead of the gay bath house, they could have done a Roman theme and put in some women. They already did that in the last shoot with the cowboy theme. I'm surprised Tina didn't say anything to him. 

She could have still sputtered trying to say no to Richie while explaining why and still having Tina say the same thing. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1

Constance is really messing with Joyce's head and I don't think it's going to end well. We're fast approaching the moment when Joyce will need to decide whether she wants to be their boss or their friend and when that comes, I suspect Constance will move in for the kill.

So, Doug comes out with the idea of ‘Chippen-Doug’ huh. The breakaway pants too? Yeah right. 🙄

Does Joyce realize that Constance is trying to mould her into something? The makeover feels calculated, not genuine. That white silky dress is gorgeous and Joyce looks confident in it, but is it really her?

Joyce is struggling to navigate her work life - pleasing their financial backer (and advertisers too), developing & looking after the contents of her magazine, keeping the Minx team happy & motivated. While she’s buying time to get Constance fully under her belt, everything else has to wait, unfortunately.

What would Constance do with Tina when she realizes that Tina is actually the glue and the voice of reason behind Minx team? Everybody listens to Tina and she isn’t afraid to say NO.

“Joyce and I used to have a dialogue. Now it feels like a lecture.”

- Richie

Richie's f*ck-you photoshoot, mocking Joyce is so petty and I love it! 😂

Edited by Snazzy Daisy