Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: Hometowns are the perfect place to find love!

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2023 at 4:47 PM, tennisgurl said:

I appreciate that Joey picked up on the vibe that Charity was having doubts on their date and just gave her a peck on the cheek and backed off a bit to give her space, shows some real emotional maturity.

I don't see it that way. Considering that they will not be seeing each other for awhile, yet important decisions are being made now, I thought that it was maybe indicative of a not-so-good relationship dynamic that both parties chose to avoid the potentially difficult conversation and just soldier on.  It was just so odd that her concern about what Joey's uncle said in terms of whether Joey was being genuine, led to her to question whether the other guys were being genuine, and she gave their families the chance to address that, yet she didn't even give Joey the chance to address it, and he's the one that the concern was actually raised about!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 8/1/2023 at 11:44 AM, Katie111 said:

Totally agree.  He was better than Tanner or Sean but she still wasn't really feeling it with him.  I know Rachel got a lot of flak last season for going to NJ and then telling the guy she didn't want to go to his house but I think that's better than going and pretending to the family that there is something there when there isn't.  I think they should just be allowed to go down to two or three if that's who they're really choosing between.  Aaron's family seemed so nice and now they just look dumb because they thought they really saw something there when in fact Charity had already checked out of the relationship.  

Yeah, I thought Aaron's family might end up saving him. I know this is the most I've liked Aaron in awhile, he was a grumpy tattletale for most of the show and I couldn't wait for him to get booted, but after his family visit, I kinda wanted him to stay.

I think Joey was her F1 but his family really messed with that.  I don't think she really felt as "embraced" by them as much as Joey made it seem she would be.  His sister was super nice but his mom seemed weird (maybe too many drinks?).  The uncle was just there to sabotage the whole thing, he probably just views the whole show as a scam.  Of course, Joey might be acting a bit "different", he's had cameras in his face for the past month.  I see so much chemistry and friendship between these two.  She just truly lights up around him but I think between the uncle and the race issue, he might be dead in the water.

I don't see any real chemistry between them. Joey seems like the perfect type for this kind of show, he seems so malleable and like he could generate a connection with pretty much anyone. It wasn't surprising that his family thought he might not be showing his real self, he definitely has a veneer to his personality.

Dotun has seemed like F1 for awhile now, they have a very genuine seeming connection and he comes across like a legitimately good guy. He has such an easy way about him, like he's very comfortable with himself, that's always attractive.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, Joey gives all of the right answers and hasn't showcased any personality because he's kind of creating a customized boyfriend experience to whatever Charity wants in terms of answers and behavior.  Maybe Joey is just a dull guy with a great tan? 

I think I remember hearing Charity telling Joey that an ex-boyfriend was white and didn't really understand her experience as a black woman let alone the dynamics of an interracial relationship.  I wonder if Charity sees Joey as a conquest and is projecting her past onto Joey of wanting validation and an engagement in an interracial relationship since she couldn't get that from an ex.  I think that Dotun is a better fit for Charity because he seems to know who he is and understands Charity better and seems to really enjoy her company- plus he looks great in denim jackets 😄.

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 4