Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: A Glimpse of Darkness

• Start Topic

Is anybody still watching this? They took something that could have been unique and turned it into generic Space Opera. I do not get Day's motivation for why he wants to stop cloning himself. 

• Like 2

Since this is a sci-fi show, I’ve been waiting for the inevitable filmed-in-Lanzarote episode and here it is.

Forget Hari Seldon, every TV location scout eventually comes to thank the foresight of the visionary César Manrique. That little volcanic island has been so many worlds over the years. And is also a great place for a chilled out beach vacation. Plus, the Cactus Garden that you see in this episode is really pretty.

So Poly is still around but he’s not doing so well. Poor kid, it’s a shame he’s ended up so disappointed after all his excitement last season. Has he been in hyper sleep too? How is he still alive?

I was cheering a bit when the warden got cooked for his superiority but not so keen on writing cryptic messages on the vault. A bit tacky, Hari? No?

It’s hard to know if Day’s new bride is too clever or too stupid at this point. She’s too… something. And did she kill off her entire family, because it sounds like she might have.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I wish this show was better written. We spend way too much time on narratives that are badly and exhaustively presented, but skip away just when something gets interesting. I never know where or when we are with this show, and I don't even care that much.

Meanwhile, I just can't stand Gaal. I have always found her weak, weepy, petulant, and frustrating as a heroine. Her actress has zero charisma for me.

And here I flat-out hated her. Shrieking like a teenager about Hari (whom she has literally been torturing because she doesn't want a grownup in the room), I mean, OH MY GOD.

Day's new bride is too openly evil and scheming. It's silly that he's seriously considering her, so I'm amusing myself by assuming he has ulterior motives and he just wants to use her for some evil political purpose or something.

I was sorry the Vault killed the Warden so fast because I actually found him an interesting character (and I loved Holt McCallany, the actor, on Mindhunter).

• Like 1