Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Yes, We Cairns!

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Don't forget how crude she was in her first season

I wouldn't say "crude". I'd go with "earthy", or "sexually frank".

she seems very nice but her constant squealing drives me nuts

I kinda like squealers. The quiet ones aren't quite as interesting. 😉

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, aghst said:

That's comparable distance for San Francisco to LA or to San Diego, all California or western Americans.

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to anyway.  San Francisco to Los Angeles is about 375 miles/6 hours.  San Francisco to San Diego is quite a bit longer at 460 miles/9.5 hours, so not really comparable other than to say that California is a really long state, and San Francisco isn't even close to its northern border.  I've driven up to San Francisco and down to San Diego many times and they are both really long drives.  The drive down from Los Angeles to San Diego is a real bitch if there's traffic, and there's ALWAYS traffic.  I love San Diego but I hate that drive.

Count me in on hating the themed parties.  They are usually tacky af and the costuming is like those cheap Halloween kid costumes they wear once.

I can't stand the guest who doesn't drink (should NOT drink).  Her demands are irritating and she's a real nasty drunk to boot, as is her partner in crime, Mr. Drunk Speedo.  Walk The Plank!

Just reread my post and there's a lot of hate in there.  Edited to add that I love Aesha and I wish I had her positivity.

Edited by Oosala
On 7/22/2023 at 9:16 AM, iMonrey said:

And I'm sorry, but you can definitely tell, a lot of these guests are low class. They are not rich enough to charter a luxury yacht for a 2-3 day vacation. Their behavior just gives them away. They've never been anywhere near a yacht before in their entire lives and have no business being there.

I get what you are saying.  These guests are not the wealthy yacht vacationers that we would normally see on these types of luxury yachts.  But, then again, on the other hand, good for them if they can experience such a cool vacay at a discount.  Maybe some of us "normies" would love to indulge in a once in a lifetime excursion.  The wealthies shouldn't have all the fun!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Finally starting this season but have a yachting question. On Sailing Yacht, isn’t Gary the first officer or do I have that wrong? He is featured as an over-the-top main character but on Down Under we see the first officer after a throwaway introduction by Captain. Does that have to do with the type of yacht or am I just making it more complicated than it has to be?

16 hours ago, Cabarb said:

Finally starting this season but have a yachting question. On Sailing Yacht, isn’t Gary the first officer or do I have that wrong? He is featured as an over-the-top main character but on Down Under we see the first officer after a throwaway introduction by Captain. Does that have to do with the type of yacht or am I just making it more complicated than it has to be?

There are a lot less crew on the sailing yacht due to space restrictions with needing to be more streamlined and Gary is really acting as both the first officer & bosun would on a bigger (motor) yacht. 

• Like 2