Type keyword(s) to search

S16 E07: The Gang Goes Bowling

• Start Topic

The guys crash Dee's bowling league night and compete in a battle of the sexes at a bowling alley owned by the McPoyles; Dee, Artemis, The Waitress and Gail The Snail versus Dennis, Mac, Charlie, and Frank in a classic match to prove who is better.

Airs 7/12/23

(edited)

Everybody is back this week! Love seeing Artemis, Gail The Snail, and The Waitress all on one team. God, Gail stole every scene. Artemis, too. 

The McPoyles were back, too! Love how they just won't allow mixing chili, cheese, and fries. I was dying at Frank eating chili out of the finger holes, and then rolling that ball down the lane!

Wait, didn't the cold open say it was Saturday morning, yet the bowling league was on a Friday night?

"I SUMMON THE VERY FACT THAT I AM A MAN!!" is gonna be the new go-to Dennis line, isn't it? Loved that, and the cutoff on his scream. Loved that Dennis was even in Dee's mind. 16 seasons, they finally pull that off.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"The Gang Goes Bowling". The guys crash Dee's bowling league night and compete in a battle of the sexes at a bowling alley owned by the McPoyles; Dee, Artemis, The Waitress and Gail The Snail versus Dennis, Mac, Charlie, and Frank in a classic match to prove who is better.

Hurray, most of the gang's friends are all here! Lots of great callbacks too. I loved how the women retaliated with some simple mind games and manipulation. 

• Like 3

SIxteen seasons and I had to go to the Wiki fan page to refresh my memory about Snail, Artemis and the McPoyles. I remember them all of course but had lost track of them. It's always fun when they bring back these recurring characters. Cricket should have been in there somewhere.

My favorite part was whichever McPoyle threw the bowling ball backwards and hit the other one's hand. That was some mighty impressive choreography.

Charlie apparently kept going back to the kids' party between turns but they never showed any of it. You have to wonder what the kids (and their parents) thought about that.

I always get a kick out of how dumb Mac is. Dennis tried so hard to talk him out of spinning the ball and to explain they were just trying to get into his head and he just didn't get it.

• LOL 1

Have they bowled before? This seems like a tailor made plot. Everyone is in this one! I love when the Waitress trashes Charlie. I loved her hair. 

I can't believe they weren't just completely cracking up the entire time. 

I liked Dennis and Dee matching wits. They've been really piling on her this season moreso than usual. 

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Charlie apparently kept going back to the kids' party between turns but they never showed any of it. You have to wonder what the kids (and their parents) thought about that.

He came back with cake and a beer. I can totally see Charlie somehow crashing a party and getting away with it. 

I would love to see an episode from Artemis' or the Waitress' pov with the gang as side characters. I know they kind of did with them doing all of the stuff to her when Charlie was out of commission. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Good episode, though Dennis being more arch and misogynistic than usual was a bit of a slog to watch. Also, FX showing him turning his hand into bone broth watered that comeuppance down as  well. I mean, not as bad as Mac lifting Dee by the crotch, but it was still an unneeded spoiler.

The ending did stick the landing. Dee wins by knocking over one pin . . . only to discover that most everyone had left and Waitress not giving a shit. Watching Dennis hurt himself was her W.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

Wait, didn't the cold open say it was Saturday morning, yet the bowling league was on a Friday night?

I don't think the title cards are meant to be taken as fact. Otherwise, Paddy's would be open for business in the morning with people already drunk. Bit of a mindfuck to see that Paddy's has customers.

Edited by Lantern7