Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Distracted by Penguins

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

From the "S01.E03: Reality Shock" thread:

14 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m boycotting the “thanks” reaction at the moment, but thank you

12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

You're welcome. 😌

Heh, I'm not only "boycotting" the no-way-in-hell-is-that-a "thanks" reaction, but when I come across an old "thanks" I gave now looking like a smile melted into tears, I change it to a Like, Heart, Applause, or Useful.
At the same time, I realize a lot of people had no idea what the rainbow circle was supposed to signify, so maybe it's better to use the others anyway.

And, also like you, @SoMuchTV, it drives me a little nuts when the thread titles are inconsistent — which is why I started these threads now instead of waiting.😉

I hope it wasn't too soon. We shall see.

14 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m boycotting the “thanks” reaction at the moment, but thank you @shapeshifter for starting these episode threads, and even more, formatting the season/episode consistently in the titles, and including the original air dates. Very helpful for those of us who discover and catch up with shows years later! 

48 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I agree, though I hadn't thought of boycotting. Now I will. Be gone bi-polar face.

I should have first replied here so the episode thread wouldn't get so cluttered
— with clutter being my one concern about starting the episode threads so early
—and now I've fulfilled my own prophecy of doom. 😣

At least 2 other threads that I participate in have filled up pages about emoji-gate. 

I actually almost used the new response emoji in the Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals thread, but did not, on principle.🙃

@SoMuchTV and @MMEButterfly, feel free to edit your posts on the episode thread by replacing them with something like:

…or not.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, steph369 said:

Two pages of typing and font debates! 🤣 Love it. Elsbeth, what have you done to us? The dang with what we think of the show, but are we typing properly! Being of the older generation, I loved everyone’s input and it brought back memories. Another thing about learning to type in our day, we could type without looking at the keyboard. I remember when my son was a child, he would ask me to type what his friends were saying. I would be looking at them and typing word for word what they were saying. The amazement on their faces was priceless, like I was performing magic. Ah, the power we had when kids were small. 😉

Oh and I enjoyed the episode. 😁 Looking forward to more. Perhaps a debate on how 1-hour speedy service to have photos developed is now a snail’s pace compared to instant selfies. 

Regarding spacing after periods:  in a forum I won’t name, there was a poster who consistently used three spaces after a period. It was much more noticeable to me than one vs. two. Then a different user turned up who was doing the same thing, causing me to go to Elsbeth-levels of stalking their post history to see if it was really the same person. No murders involved, though, as far as I know. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
Cleaning up my thoughts
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Regarding spacing after periods:  in a forum I won’t name, there was a poster who consistently used three spaces after a period. It was much more noticeable to me than one vs. two. Then a different user turned up who was doing the same thing, causing me to go to Elsbeth-levels of stalking their post history to see if it was really the same person. No murders involved, though, as far as I know. 

So was it?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

So was it?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

Results were inconclusive. Possibly I was distracted by penguins. 

• LOL 3
(edited)

PSA. Two episodes airing tonight in catch-up from basketball hiatus. Y’all may know this already. But anyway. I just noted it when setting my DVR. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1