Type keyword(s) to search

S16 E05: Celebrity Booze: The Ultimate Cash Grab

• Start Topic

(edited)

When news spreads of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul's visit to Philadelphia to promote their Dos Hermanos mezcal brand, the guys decide to pitch them their own liquor; the gang takes to the skies to get a taste of the glamourous high life.

Airs 6/28/23

Edited by Galileo908
(edited)

Frank circling Philly in a private jet with a meal of boxed wine and takeout spaghetti just let me laugh so hard.

Nickelschlager is such a Charlie thing, because he eats so many nickels he can't pass through a metal detector.

Yeah, I love that the gang only associates Bryan Cranston with Malcolm in The Middle. Love that they thought Aaron Paul was Malcolm all grown up, and that Bryan was the Mac to Aaron's Dennis. I'll be honest, I was more excited to see Gritty.

Not gonna lie, Mac was rocking that suit. He definitely nailed "Jordan in the 90s." It's the earring that made it.

All in all, a step down compared to last week. I wanted to like this, but I wasn't feeling it as much.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

Oh I loved it. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul? I'm in. They're such good sports about mocking themselves and doing guest roles like this. Bryan's whole monologue on the plane was brilliant. And I love that they thought Aaron was Frankie Muniz grown up. LOL.

• Like 5

Such amazing choices with Goldschalger and Jeigermeister. I'm dry heaving just typing it. 

"Malcolm and his dad" Cranston and Paul are way game to jump on this script. 

I actually liked this a little better than last week. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Such amazing choices with Goldschalger and Jeigermeister. I'm dry heaving just typing it. 

I'm sad we never actually got to see Paddy's Schlagerschnappstermeister, nor anyone drink it. Nickelschlager and Charlie having a reaction to "all the metals" was great, though.

The sickest I ever got in my life was after drinking shots called 'Surf Nazis must Die', which was half peppermint schnapps and half jagermeister, and I literally thought I was going to die. My mind felt completely intact, cogent, aware, but I literally COULD NOT WALK. I had to be carried out to the car. It was horrifying. To this day, just the thought of those two things makes me gag a little. So this episode had me completely queasy. 

But the whole Mr. Malcolm and grown up Malcolm thing was hilarious. 

• Like 2

I don’t think I got enough from this because I don’t drink. Gritty cameo FTW. Nice they got a real mascot this time.

13 hours ago, luna1122again said:

The sickest I ever got in my life was after drinking shots called 'Surf Nazis must Die', which was half peppermint schnapps and half jagermeister, and I literally thought I was going to die. My mind felt completely intact, cogent, aware, but I literally COULD NOT WALK. I had to be carried out to the car. It was horrifying. To this day, just the thought of those two things makes me gag a little. So this episode had me completely queasy.

I think I’m good missing out on such experiences. At least you didn’t drink nickels, though. You need to be a professional Charlie to even thing of trying that.

• Like 1

"Celebrity Booze: The Ultimate Cash Grab". When news spreads of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul's visit to Philadelphia to promote their Dos Hermanos mezcal brand, the guys decide to pitch them their own liquor; the gang takes to the skies to get a taste of the glamourous high life.

I was more amused by Frank in his private jet than them meeting the cast of The Middle. I did enjoy Mac mistaking the team mascot for a black guy and Bryan's callback to Dee's acting class.