Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Orders Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

The timelines are confusing because everyone essentially looks the same aside from some grey hairs. I have to rewind if I'm not paying attention to figure out if it's past, present or future. Then they added in a fourth timeline with present plus two years. Seriously, show? Stop. 

I mean, did Tayo really think putting in his password would really shut down the whole system? Maybe I missed it and it was part of some bigger plan, but then maybe not because he was nursing a drink all alone in a crappy diner and whining about never being fired before. I always roll my eyes when people are so shocked about being fired for the first time. Find me when you've been fired five times and we'll talk. 

I really enjoy Kate Mara and want to know more about her character and her weird robot eye. 

When Drew said that she had never fired her weapon in the line of duty, I figured she was going to die in a gun fight and then a couple of later episodes, she did. 

Edited by Faceplant
Keep getting characters confused
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Faceplant said:

The timelines are confusing because everyone essentially looks the same aside from some grey hairs.

It's also kind of dumb because they put three different characters in peril in the "present" timeline only to show us they are alive and well in the future timeline.  

6 hours ago, Faceplant said:

I mean, did Tayo really think putting in his password would really shut down the whole system?

It doesn't make much sense.  The system is self aware enough to murder that former agent when it decided he posed a threat to it, so you have to figure it probably has protected itself from being shut down remotely.    

And finally, who were all those people hooting and hollering in the background when the class was getting their assignments?  Family members?  FBI agents?  Strangers overly invested in the sorting process?

The timelines are confusing because everyone essentially looks the same aside from some grey hairs. I have to rewind if I'm not paying attention to figure out if it's past, present or future. 

When in doubt, check out Sepideh Moafi's hair. Bun = past, long & flowing = present-ish, glamorously gray = future. Works for me. 🙂 I don't know whether it's the streaming factor or a reflection on Class of '09 itself that it's such a dud on this forum. Not having a live show seems to dissipate the audience but not this badly ...

Too bad the Poet/Hour shippers are going to have to content themselves with that Ep 6 liplock. The show runners appear determined to ship Poet/Lennix, although those two have the combustion of wet matches. (Yes, I'm that shallow.) "Fuck it, let's get married" is not a line with which to sweep a lady off her feet. Try it sometime with your girlfriend and see how quickly she smacks you.

More importantly, I don't see how TPTBB are going to get out of the corner they've painted themselves into with The System and its omniscience. Once you've created an invincible nemesis, how do you pull victory out of your ass, especially with one episode left to go? To end such a dark series with defeat for our heroes would be too much, however, unless they want to create the downer to end all downers.

• Like 1