Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/15/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

All my memories of pettiness from Nicole Wallace on “The View” have been wiped by her usually amazing, super empathetic and intelligent work anchoring “Deadline: White House.”  

Am also starting to appreciate Alyssa a bit more as she appears on CNN, usually acquitting herself quite well.

• Like 3

Although I still like Sunny, the coquette routine when she reacts to many men buying her drinks, and her repeated references to making time for romance with Manny and the accompanying over the top look gets on my nerves. Yes, we know that you are beautiful, Sunny, but enough with the cloying coy act.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Kenz said:

Yes, we know that you are beautiful, Sunny, but enough with the cloying coy act.

She's not beautiful to me, I would say quite good looking but the ugly on her inside far outweighs the good looking. 

• Like 2

I like Nicolle on her own show. I've never watched much of CNN though, and knowing Alyssa's on there gives me no reason to start now, lol.

Speaking of, I think--aside from the interests involved with Alyssa wanting to defend her former employers--there's also the interest she has in defending her current employer also at work. At least I think the fact that there are two CNN employees on The View has a role in the weird attempt to overspeak Sunny for criticizing that network the past two weeks. It is sort of weird now I think about it that ABC would want another network's employees, with the conflicts of interest that can be involved when said network becomes a Hot Topic as CNN has been multiple times the past month, involved in their coverage--and The View is, whether it should be or not, technically filed under ABC News.

I get doing it for someone with a lot of popularity and fans to add to the viewerbase like Ana Navarro, but taking on that baggage for someone less valuable like Alyssa is strange.

On 5/19/2023 at 6:00 PM, Kenz said:

Although I still like Sunny, the coquette routine when she reacts to many men buying her drinks, and her repeated references to making time for romance with Manny and the accompanying over the top look gets on my nerves. Yes, we know that you are beautiful, Sunny, but enough with the cloying coy act.

Lol I feel like it’s more than just beauty that makes someone a man magnet. I know some stunning women who don’t get hit on. Sarah is the quintessential pretty blonde girl men often love, and it doesn’t sound like she gets a bunch of men approaching her. 

On 5/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, After7Only said:

I did not say that and the inference is yours and not mine.   The teacher was wrong for using the word.  Period.  Full Stop.   That wrong should have been reported.   Period.  Full Stop.  It doesn't matter what the kids did.   He is the adult (an older one at that) and the teacher.   He is held to a higher standard.

Context I agree is important and I would consider that when evaluating the punishment.   Based on the context reported, I don't think he should be fired.  But I think he should be reprimanded in some way.  Suspended for 3 days like the young lady was.  Required to apologize to the class and take diversity training, etc.   But he chose to quit.  (He was not forced).   I also have no problem with the kids who used the word being taught why it is so offensive and inappropriate (but some might consider that CRT 😉).   

The young lady has an attorney likely because of the media attention.  I don't think she had an agenda when she filmed it, other than recording something she found offensive.

I agree with Sunny that the parents should fight the suspension.  At the very least to fight for other kids in the future who might be afraid make a complaint against a teacher because of how this young lady was treated.   Parents fight suspension for their kids everyday.   And this was a situation where the punishment did not fit the crime IMHO.   

After7, the teacher was initially suspended and then resigned.  Which means he was most likely forced to resign.  You mentioned an investigation would cause disruption in the class.  Do you feel their teacher losing his job is not a disruption? 

As for the student who recorded the conversation - why did she make it public?  If her main concern was the teacher's use of  that word she could have just brought her cell to the principal and left it at that.  Now she has an attorney fielding questions and giving interviews to the media.  This is the result she was seeking.  In the end, a teacher has lost his job and yes, little Joan of Arc should feel a few flames nipping at her feet for violating school rules.

• Sad 1