Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E15: The Playoffs Part 2

• Start Topic

The Playoffs continue as the 10 artists remaining across Team Kelly and Team Niall hold nothing back; tough decisions are made when Kelly and Niall can each advance only two artists to the live semi-finals.

Airs May 8 at 8pm on NBC

Favorite performances:

D.Smooth - advanced by Kelly

Gina (awful outfit though) - advanced by Niall

Neil - I was definitely not expecting that performance

Tasha

Ali

Michael

Holly - advanced by Kelly

Ryley  - advanced by Niall

Really good night. I only disliked 2 performances. Some tough choices made

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand these people.  Oh well, I think I’m out. Lol. 

That’s the problem with shoving so many people off at the same time. There were so many good performances last night and only being able to advance two from each team is bound to leave a lot of good performers behind

• Like 1

I called Niall's team exactly, and called Kelly's team exactly wrong lol.

Gina's not the first singer on AI/The Voice/AGT/Global versions of those shows) to do Wicked Game but she definitely did the song justice. Maybe the lowest of the low notes didn't allow her to do much w/ her voice but once she got up in her range (and fully belting the chorus) she was pretty spectacular.

I'm still not totally enamored by RTW (in a lot of ways he reminds me of Carter, the 14 year old that Gwen won with). But getting the ultimate pimp spot and a full standing ovation from pretty much all the coaches made it pretty much inevitable he was getting Niall's other spot. Felt a little bad for Ross. With or Without You is almost an impossible song. Even if you do it reasonable justice (which Ross totally did) it still feels lacking when you inevitably hear Bono's version run through your head.

I actually thought Tasha did an amazing job with Here (I don't really know what all the judges were talking about that it got away from her). I absolutely love it when contestants tackle upbeat, rhythmically challenging songs. And basically Alessia Cara is melodically rapping the verses. I just thought (knowing ahead of time that she had no chance of getting either spot from Niall) she did really good job. And I've forgotten the 5 person on Niall's team lol

For Kelly, I assumed she'd go with Alli, & Cait (I thought both Cait and Holly failed to live up to their previous performances, but maybe Cait would get the nod because her highs in the competition had IMO been higher than Holly's). I had assumed that D Smooth didn't have any chance (especially going first). He's very good at what he does, but I thought he'd get lost in the shuffle of Holly and Cait's huge voices and Alli's underdog story.

Neal went out on a nice performance. It was cool seeing how jazzed Chance got for that song considering he hasn't really gotten that jazzed for much this season outside of a couple of Sorella's performances and mentoring sessions..