Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Woman is Fickle

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

6a0ffc44-14e0-4923-be01-0ca371033761?bas

We learn more about what happened the night of Alison’s disappearance. Alison is drawn to both Edwin and Tyler. Emily starts to dig deeper into her past. On an off-resort excursion, a tourist family stumbles across something shocking.

Premiere Date: April 26, 2023    Hulu  

I need them to give us year marker title cards or something. 

I can't get a read on this so far, it makes me nervous, but then I see some of the folks involved (like Dee Rees) and assume it's going to get subverted at some point. But what the hell, with the therapist thinking Emily-Claire shouldn't live in Flatbush because her sister was murdered in a Caribbean country?? "You should not live near people of the same ethnicity as the citizens of a country where something bad happeend to you" seems like terrible trauma counseling! I feel like there's another word for blaming an entire ethnicity for the actions of one or two people (or suspected actions, as the case seems to be here), and it's not "triggering."

(Also which country is the resort supposed to be in? What year? Or are they keeping it deliberately vague?)

• Like 1