Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Tom

• Start Topic

Homm begins to unravel how Intaverse ties in with Crowley's master plan as Crowley's forces start to close in; Hailey tries in vain to get Weir to trust her; agent Madi investigates Weir's ex-wife, Liv, for possible clues, and Ben has a secret.

Dropping April 16, 2023

I'm enjoying this show although I wish the team had survived. Still, I like the mood of this show. It's similar to 24 but less broody and intense.

I must wonder if the commando squad chasing them around wasn't actually working for Peter Weller but rather was just people pissed off about losing that really expensive bottle of scotch. People have killed each other for far less.

Did the characters throw the baby out with the bathwater here? They do realize the scotch itself isn't the problem, right? They've used it for multiple things so far and most of the team has benefited from it. Pour it into a to-go cup!

Great to see Peter Weller as the villain. He was so good as a villain Star Trek used him in two different roles.

I guess, given the twisty nature of the show thus far, one could anticipate that the the team pulled a Houdini stunt and was still alive.

I did not anticipate that they would actually be dead, gunned down by Kyle. Ben had the right idea about him, but I doubt he anticipated how ruthless this kid was. Not to mention he was the one who got them killed. Although Kyle doesn't seem to be all that right about doing so.

But what of the three other bodes that were in the office when it blew up, since Kyle had already dumped them down the elevator?

23 hours ago, StarBrand said:

But what of the three other bodes that were in the office when it blew up, since Kyle had already dumped them down the elevator?

The bodies in the office were the cadavers that had been sourced so that the team could fake their deaths.  Kyle wasn't expecting to see them, so that's why he was all WTF? when he went into the main office after dumping the bodies. 

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 3:56 PM, Ceindreadh said:

The bodies in the office were the cadavers that had been sourced so that the team could fake their deaths.  Kyle wasn't expecting to see them, so that's why he was all WTF? when he went into the main office after dumping the bodies. 

My question is, his team was hanging out at some other location, right?  They sent Kyle to Katz's to get lunch and then left to fake their deaths.  How did Kyle find them?  He kills them at this other location, dumps their bodies in the elevator shaft.  Then he returned to the Arda office and saw the three cadavers.  He heard the bomb about to go off so tried to run.  And that's why he was found in the wreckage alive.

I liked the reveal that Ben was the one to call Valence.  And I liked that Weir figured out that the GPS chip was in the scotch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

My question is, his team was hanging out at some other location, right?  They sent Kyle to Katz's to get lunch and then left to fake their deaths.  How did Kyle find them?  He kills them at this other location, dumps their bodies in the elevator shaft.  Then he returned to the Arda office and saw the three cadavers.  He heard the bomb about to go off so tried to run.  And that's why he was found in the wreckage alive.

I liked the reveal that Ben was the one to call Valence.  And I liked that Weir figured out that the GPS chip was in the scotch.

I think they were still in the Arda office.  The intern comes back and kills them.  He's dumping their bodies down the elevator shaft when Ben sees him.  Ben leaves the office and John sees him go into an alley beside the building just before it blows up - although I'm not sure he realised it was him.

Meanwhile, the intern, having dumped the bodies, goes back into the main office which has been all set up with the cadavers and the balloons of the teams blood hanging up, ready to be dispersed when the explosion happens. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

I think they were still in the Arda office.  The intern comes back and kills them.  He's dumping their bodies down the elevator shaft when Ben sees him.  Ben leaves the office and John sees him go into an alley beside the building just before it blows up - although I'm not sure he realised it was him.

Meanwhile, the intern, having dumped the bodies, goes back into the main office which has been all set up with the cadavers and the balloons of the teams blood hanging up, ready to be dispersed when the explosion happens. 

Ah thank you for the further explanation.  That makes a lot more sense now.  I didn't understand what was happening with the balloons.  

Agent Madi mentioned that the woman employee just bought a lot of wine and there was no wine at her apartment, so she must have taken it with her and is in hiding somewhere.  So she asks the other agent to track her cell phone.  The part that I'm confused about now is that this took her back to the Arda offices and she didn't even notice?  She asks the other agent to call the woman's cell phone and it rings from the elevator shaft.

I must have missed her saying that she was back at the same office building.  Also, I don't think Kyle would have been so sloppy as to leave the phones behind and turned on.  He didn't know that they were going to blow up the Arda office and that there would be false dead bodies there.  He was going to leave and hope the three were never found.  The first thing that would be done when trying to locate these three would be to ping their phones.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, blackwing said:

Agent Madi mentioned that the woman employee just bought a lot of wine and there was no wine at her apartment, so she must have taken it with her and is in hiding somewhere.  So she asks the other agent to track her cell phone.  The part that I'm confused about now is that this took her back to the Arda offices and she didn't even notice?  She asks the other agent to call the woman's cell phone and it rings from the elevator shaft.

I took this as a deliberate misdirect, in that they were trying to make us think Madi was closing in on Cara's new location, a secret new apartment, and then it turned out to be the office building.  Or at least that's where I thought she was at first.  I don't know that we saw whether or not Madi "noticed" she was in Weir's office building.  But how could she not?  The top floor had been blown up only a few weeks (?) prior, she was there on scene, presumably there would still be tons of damage visible from the outside (although the inside was cleaned up nicely and I'm surprised the whole building wasn't condemned at that point).  So I think we have to assume Madi knew where she was, thought it was odd that the phone was now tracking back to that building, and so had her assistant call the phone. 

I do agree with @blackwing's point that it was weird that Kyle didn't take the team members' phones before throwing them down the elevator shaft.  I'll handwaive it as a plot convenience. 

My main takeaway from this episode is that there are still several cases of really expensive wine sitting in Cara's safe house/alternate apartment.  😄

My big question is... which one of Weir's team was hanging out with the ex-wife?  hmmmm...

My second big question is...  who is Tom?  (Title of the episode.)

Third question, not a big one, though...  why was Madi's kid riding around with her? 

I love that Homm is now a full member of the team.  And he gets so geeky excited about things. 

So here's a weird observation... when Homm was geeking out about his discovery, before the bad guys busted in, Ben made some rude/mean comment about Homm and Hailey responded something like "aw, he's chuffed".  What American uses the phrase "chuffed"???  I think that's a clue that Hailey isn't who she says she is.  I'm waiting for Weir or Ben to test her, feed her some fake info and see what happens.  Could Hailey be Crowley? 

Edited by chaifan