Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Dick & Carol & Ted & Kory

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Damn, I'm going to miss this show.  Loved the flashbacks and the callbacks of "the boy from the circus" and Dick's semi-desperate "let's get out of here."

I miss Gar.

What happened to the other people in the alternate dimension town?

Also, I'm so effing sick of Evil Connor.  

• Like 2

Also, I'm so effing sick of Evil Connor

My only complaint about Evil Conner is that Joshua Orpin is playing it unevenly. It's a bit schlocky, but I handwave it as Kon just having a hard time adopting that persona.

As a fan of the Superboy: The Boy of Steel run by Geoff Johns where Conner returns from the dead and moves to Smallville so that he can figure out who he really is and what he really wants out of of life; and to also find out more about Lex, I love that TITANS is tackling Conner's search for connection. Superman is ghosting him (another plot point I have loved in the comics) so Kon is drawn by the only "father" he has access to. With Lex being dead and Mercy carrying employing the same smooth-talking tactics that works for Lex, it makes sense that Kon will go with the idea of the "father" who actually paid attention to him and valued what he brings to the table, ability-wise.

Speaking of valuing abilities, Bernard getting stroppy because Tim wanted to trust the undefinable (rain dog) versus going the science route was shocking. Bernard acted like a petulant child who literally took his toy car because Tim had a different opinion on how to approach this unique situation. Bernard works in a lab that caters to Amazonian Princesses and aliens surely he can't discount instinct considering what the wonders he personally knows about. He's helping Tim's teammates who are an alien, alien-human clone, a guy who can turn into things, a demon's daughter. Bernard is seeing a guy who returned from the dead, but Tim trusting his guts is a bridge too far.

• Like 4

I'm liking Dick and Kory, but that's about it.  Dick's hair looked different this episode, it very much looked like the hairstyle Burt Ward had as Robin.

The rest of the show, ugh.  Tired of Evil Connor.  Tired of the constant whatever it is about Rachel/Raven's powers.  They're here, they're not, they're here, they're different, they're gone, they're back... whatever.  Really dislike Tim Drake.  And I'm sick of Bernard.  It's like this show realised "oh!  we don't have any gay characters, and the show is ending, let's make sure we pack in as much of their relationship into the show as possible".  Their relationship/storyline literally adds nothing to the plot of the show.

I don't like May, although this episode she finally looked like an actual normal person, she was actually pretty.  Not sure what it was... was she allowed to grow her eyebrows?  She looked a lot different.  I like Joseph Morgan but I'm tired of the Sebastian character.

I'm feeling about this show the way I felt during the last season or two of "Legends of Tomorrow".  Watching because I've been with the show, and now just waiting for it to limp to the end.  That's not good.

• Like 3