Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Know When To Hold And When To Fold

DanaK
  • Start Topic

03/29/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : A documentary crew visits Med to film Crockett and Abrams' groundbreaking surgery. Archer refuses to ask for help for his kidney issues despite the staff's unrelenting kindness. Will starts to develop feelings for a co-worker.

So have these documentary guys never heard of voiceovers? Like, stop asking for a play-by-play in the middle of surgery! He can explain everything in post, ffs.

I cannot believe they had the balls to title the episode "when to fold". :)

• Like 6
(edited)

Regarding the bent spine patient, I find it really hard to believe that being bent over like that for 2 decades didn’t produce catastrophic effects on the rest of his body. I can see why no other doctor would do the surgery. Also, I find it really hard to believe that after the surgery he just needs some rehab and will have a good life. You would think there would be major issues for life after going from fully bent over to fully straight after 2 decades, like shrunken lungs and messed up stomach and intestines. I’m not a doctor so there’s a lot I don’t know but there’s got to be lingering issues

FYI for those curious, details on the disease mentioned Ankylosing Spondylitis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

"Dr. Archer I will not have you speaking to residents like that"

Who exactly does Maggie think she is?  She is not Archer's boss (is she even anyone's boss)?  She's overstepped more than a few times recently.  I really don't think she would be getting away with that at a normal hospital.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

"Dr. Archer I will not have you speaking to residents like that"

Who exactly does Maggie think she is?  She is not Archer's boss (is she even anyone's boss)?  She's overstepped more than a few times recently.  I really don't think she would be getting away with that at a normal hospital.

yeah, it is really bizarre that they show something so very unlikely to happen in any real hospital

so now halstead is going to be in love with this new gal? is that really the key thing this show thinks we want to see?

• Like 1

What are those wet things on my eyes.  Maggie’s talk to dr Archer got  to me knowing she was speaking from personal experience.  

another romance for halstead.  This show is never subtle . They brought up Natalie.  I look for her return during sweeps.  Just speculation.

• Like 2

Maggie is the Charge Nurse, so I guess she is in charge of the nurses.   It made sense to me that she yelled at him like that. Short of Ms. Goodwin, Maggie is the only other person there in a position of leadership. And based on the show, the only other person who could get away with it. And she was right too. 

At some point they are going to hire some new attending, right? They are down to 2 plus an OBGYN. Are there no other shifts they could pull from? 

• Like 3

Will has way more chemistry with Hannah than he ever did with anyone else including Natalie. I don’t know if they’re meant to be endgame, but it’s kind of hard to buy into their relationship with anyone else when they are both right there. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Xantar said:

Will has way more chemistry with Hannah than he ever did with anyone else including Natalie. I don’t know if they’re meant to be endgame, but it’s kind of hard to buy into their relationship with anyone else when they are both right there. 

huh, i thought she was into Archer

• Like 2