Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: WB Movie Night

• Start Topic

Tough choices tonight. 

Based on the performances, all three should have kept going. And I'd say Doll was a bit better than Mantis, but damn that was a tough call. It seemed obvious that this would be a bell episode in the end, but man I wanted all 3 to keep going. 

Doll seems to have a lot of fun, and when Dee was revealed, he still had lots of fun (as opposed to some of the other reveals this season where they were obviously putting in their screen time and getting off stage as fast as possible). 

I'm surprised they didn't get any WB stars (or B or C-listers) to fill in the VIP section this week. They haven't had this problem in the past so it surprised me for such an obvious theme to not have any other guests. (Next week's Space theme I could see them having trouble filling out a VIP list). 

I did have to laugh at the intro to the showdown with Nicole doing the intro like that. I've seen that type of "thank you for going to the movie" skit in front of a lto of movies recently, and this version was very tongue in cheek while still matching the attitude that those ads bring out in general. 

As for the Golden Ticket showdown. I  think Mantis did the better performance. I agree he seems to have some Broadway/Musical experience since he seemed to take to that song a lot better than Dandelion did. I would have put him on to the next round and probably belled Dandelion; but I guess the schedules dictated them going the other way. 

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

I agree he seems to have some Broadway/Musical experience since he seemed to take to that song a lot better than Dandelion did.

If the spoiler I saw is correct, then, yes, he does have Broadway experience. But if the spoiler I saw for Dandelion is correct, then she does too.

Spoiler

He may be Lou Diamond Phillips, she may be Vanessa Williams

ETA: There are still two costumes that were announced pre-season that we haven't seen yet, Lamp & UFO.  And so far we have Macaw, California Roll, Medusa, Gargoyle, Dandelion & Mantis in whatever "finals" we have coming up. That's a big group.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1

The feeling I have is that the Bell singers are going to get their own episode to find a winner from among them, and then that winner will go on to the finale. 

The finale will be a 4 singer finale of some sort (Maybe face off elimination style?). 3 from each of the rounds plus the bell round winner. I do hope for the finale they let each round be unique songs for each challenge. While I don't mind the "both sing the same song in slightly different formats" style for the regular episodes, for the end I think I'd rather let them have their own songs that (hopefully) will play to their strengths. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I thought Dandelion was amazing, and she is the strongest of all the singers left IMO.  I thought Mantis was mediocre in his performance but then he was better in the battle.

2 hours ago, Taeolas said:

I did have to laugh at the intro to the showdown with Nicole doing the intro like that. I've seen that type of "thank you for going to the movie" skit in front of a lto of movies recently, and this version was very tongue in cheek while still matching the attitude that those ads bring out in general. 

It seemed to be a direct parody of the Nicole Kidman bit that plays before every show at AMC Theatres.  That bit was even referenced at this year's Oscars.

31 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

The feeling I have is that the Bell singers are going to get their own episode to find a winner from among them, and then that winner will go on to the finale. 

The finale will be a 4 singer finale of some sort (Maybe face off elimination style?). 3 from each of the rounds plus the bell round winner. I do hope for the finale they let each round be unique songs for each challenge. While I don't mind the "both sing the same song in slightly different formats" style for the regular episodes, for the end I think I'd rather let them have their own songs that (hopefully) will play to their strengths. 

Agree, I believed that Nick had already mentioned that the three (?) singers who got saved by the bell would compete against each other to get back into the competition.  So it does seem like the finale will have four singers.  Group A champion California Roll, Group B champion Macaw, Group C champion Dandelion or someone who beats her next week, and then Bell champion?

How many weeks are left in the show?  Next week should be the finale of Group C.  Then a Bell finale.  Then the actual finale?  It will probably be two hours as in the past, an hour of obligatory filler and then an hour of "competition"?  So three weeks left?