Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Need vs. Greed

• Start Topic

Tariq, Brayden, Effie, and Cane divvy up Noma's product to push. Lorenzo sets a plan in motion to keep Monet off his trail after she orders him to find Zeke's killer. Cane looks into what happened at Mecca's hangar.

Air date: March 24, 2023

Tariq is now talking about "Family is so important"? The same Tariq that killed his father and scared to save his sister from getting shot??!! My Goodness!

Not sure why Brayden is eager to tell Tariq about Lauren.

Effie is not the CI and Jenny was taking about Saxe. I still don't trust Effie. She seems to be playing some long game on Tariq.

Special "FU" to the dog walker! You had to be quick and call 911. Couldn't mind your business.

Effie just had to pick the shallowest pond so the car couldn't submerge and drown Lauren. 

Isn't Effie's fingerprints all over the that car she pushed in the water. 

So, the local police can be quick enough to get to the pond and rescue Lauren before drowning but they aren't that fast enough to go notify Lauren's parents she was in an accident and in the hospital before Jenny can arrive with her lies? Doesn't make sense!

Jenny is evil to let Lauren's parents/family think she is dead.  

Did the "Alt Right" shirt and torch come from Weston's collection? Brayden had those props handy really quick to place in Chad's desk. 

Oh. C'mon. Now Keke is involved with Brayden that fast?? And she knows the secret spots in the building? It suggests that wasn't her first interlude there. 

Keke must need the money real bad if she despises most of (if not all) the people there. She was at the strip club and tossed away her drink in disgust when no one was looking. 

Was the strip club on the 18th floor of the Weston building?

Noma's guard that threatened to kill Tariq, I'm rooting for him, but he will eventually fail and be killed. He is trying too hard to be menacing.

Does Everret even look like an NBA player? He looks more like a towel boy for a college team. They couldn't hire a taller, more athletic looking actor. He was drafted by an NBA team, and you see this him with no entourage or anyone sweating him on campus. So odd. Everret won't have a long NBA career.

Tariq is talking like he his poor and disadvantaged but seems to be updated on the latest fashion every week.

When did Brayden get to be so calculated? He got Tate to hire Brushaundria so Tariq had no other choice but to go to intern at Weston Holdings? 

I can see Tate making a move on Brushaundria and it won't end well for him.

Is Effie that highbrow that she can't bother deal with Rutgers or Seton Hall or even Montclair State????

Why is Whitman showing his hand that fast to Monet? Was he expecting Monet to confess at that time. He is asking to be killed!!!! She won't forget that busted mirror now.

The more Jenny and Blanca gets close, it seems one of them will die.

Lorenzo is a terrible mastermind when " Broken Clock" Cane was right this time to find out what he did and is now owned by him! Lorenzo is a worthless character! 

I guess Monet thinks she got Zeke's killer and it's over. 

So far, we only see Monet watching Court shows. Wonder what is the purpose of this.

Didn't take Tariq long to abandon his "Strong" conviction to not bring the product to Weston Holdings. One look at the coke heads and his juices are flowing to get the drugs there and take over Nick's territory.

Poor Nick the trainer. Not in good enough shape to roll away fast enough from the oncoming truck. Nick is a good citizen to not jaywalk and wait for a light to turn green before crossing and it got him killed.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 2
(edited)

The episode starts with a flashback of Lauren waking up in the hospital. I assume that was her first time waking up since the attempted hit on her life. It looks like this is her first time waking up since she was pulled from the car. Jenny says "it might take some time to regain your memory..." but if she was unconscious the entire time, and Jenny is catching her when she's first waking up, how would they know if she lost her memory? She hasn't been awake for anyone to know that she's lost some part of her memory.

After watching the last episode, I said to myself "Effie is just as trifling as Tariq's fuck ass. She sells drugs and she kills people, and yet, no one is investigating her. Meanwhile, Tariq never stopped being on the feds and NYPD's radars and Brayden's dumbass admitted in court that he sold drugs and laundered money through a shell company." All of that changed this episode, because Jenny is now investigating her.

Brayden wanting to sell drugs will never make sense to me. Truthfully, the same applies to Tariq for me. While I understand that they want feel like they built something for themselves, these two fuckheads could have done that without selling drugs. I'm sure they would have had the financial support of their parents to start whatever legitimate venture they wanted to start.

Brayden and Keke... I don't care. I could do without it.

Can Diana and the TA just fuck and get it over with already? Also, my response to his question of how Diana can afford a Balenciaga  bag but can't afford books is "none of your fucking business."

So... Cane can find the pilot and the other guy that saw the broken tail light but the NYPD can't?

Detective Whitman... (sigh)... for a cop who is not crooked, he acts like a crooked cop. For a cop that is (seemingly)  genuinely interested in giving society a break from the Tejadas and their drug shit, he acts like an all-powerful untouchable crooked cop.

Brayden wants to sell drugs to the white-collar Wall Street coke heads. Tariq doesn't want to because Brayden just admitted in court he sold drugs. If drugs are found and reported, it's not a huge leap to assume that the drugs came from Brayden. Tariq gets an internship with Tate to keep up appearances, but Brayden pays Tate to replace Tariq with Brushaundria, which means Tariq has to look for something else and Brayden is conveniently there willing to help to secure a position at Brayden's family firm all so that Tariq could see for himself that selling drugs on Wall Street is the best way to move Noma's product. This show has worked very hard to show me that Brayden wouldn't hatch such an elaborate plan, and then took a whole u-turn.

So here's the wierd part of the episode for me... Cane tries to get Lorenzo to see that Dru is unfit to run the Tejada drug "empire", but Lorenzo doesn't trust Cane. That is rich coming from Lorenzo, who shot his nephew/stepson and is lying to his wife about how her firstborn baby was killed. Lorenzo tells Cane that he needs to find Zeke's killer in order to gain Lorenzo's trust back, intending for this to be a fool's errand. I didn't quite understand the purpose... well, I guess the purpose was to add another failure in Cane's column if Cane couldn't find out who killed Zeke. But why that particular task? There are so many other things Cane could have possibly failed at that wouldn't have been so consequential.

On top of that, Lorenzo then pays someone to beat up Dru, the son that he supposedly trusts, and then sort-of randomly throws a leap of a theory that the person that fucked up Dru to avenge his fallen GTG crew was also the person that killed Zeke. I didn't understand why he thought that was such a clear connection because those are unrelated events. That makes no sense to me. My brain couldn't make those dots connect.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

The episode starts with a flashback of Lauren waking up in the hospital. I assume that was her first time waking up since the attempted hit on her life. It looks like this is her first time waking up since she was pulled from the car. Jenny says "it might take some time to regain your memory..." but if she was unconscious the entire time, and Jenny is catching her when she's first waking up, how would they know if she lost her memory? She hasn't been awake for anyone to know that she's lost some part of her memory.

I agree. The dialogue to fill in the pieces didn't make sense.

Also, who did Lauren's parents bury? She supposedly died by drowning not by being burnt to a crisp in a fire and was unrecognizable. So they had to have seen "a body". These writers pulled that one out their asses.

So... Cane can find the pilot and the other guy that saw the broken tail light but the NYPD can't?

Easy information to pass to the cops when they investigated. With all the cameras in the area at the airport and on the streets, Lorenzo should have been easily caught. 

So here's the wierd part of the episode for me... Cane tries to get Lorenzo to see that Dru is unfit to run the Tejada drug "empire", but Lorenzo doesn't trust cane. That is rich coming from Lorenzo, who shot his nephew/stepson and is lying to his wife about how her firstborn baby was killed. Lorenzo tells Cane that he needs to find Zeke's killer in order to gain Lorenzo's trust back, intending for this to be a fool's errand. I didn't quite understand the purpose... well, I guess the purpose was to add another failure in Cane's column if Cane couldn't find out who killed Zeke. But why that particular task? There are so many other things Cane could have possibly failed at that wouldn't have been so consequential.

On top of that, Lorenzo then pays someone to beat up Dru, the son that he supposedly trusts, and then sort-of randomly throws a leap of a theory that the person that fucked up Dru to avenge his fallen GTG crew was also the person that killed Zeke. I didn't understand why he thought that was such a clear connection because those are unrelated events. That makes so sense to me. My brain couldn't make those dots connect.

Looking back, he was expecting Cane to solve it and then pin it on the guy. Monet seemed to have bought it. He just didn't anticipate Cane knowing about the ring/necklace was in the box. 

Isn't Cane playing a dumb game too. The longer he holds that secret and if Monet finds out it was Lorenzo, she will be mad at Cane for keeping it from her just for blackmail purposes.

At the end, was Effie going to launch her new version of "Course Correct" but held off. I'm sure Tariq and Brayden will find out and there will be a problem with the 3.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/24/2023 at 10:56 AM, mxc90 said:

Tariq is now talking about "Family is so important"? The same Tariq that killed his father and scared to save his sister from getting shot??!! My Goodness!

One-man family wrecking crew... and got his mom sent to jail.

Not sure why Brayden is eager to tell Tariq about Lauren.

Effie is not the CI and Jenny was taking about Saxe. I still don't trust Effie. She seems to be playing some long game on Tariq.

I'm also not sure why Brayden is so eager to tell Tariq about Lauren.

Jenny was actually talking about Saxe as the CI. That is very pathetic. Saxe is supposed to inform on this entire drug enterprise by spying on their attorney. I'm thinking Jenny was bullshitting to Blanca, and that "CI" was the first thing to pop into her head. I'm pretty sure she's running Saxe off the books and just milking him for information. I don't believe Saxe is under any legal obligation to provide Jenny any info but they both have the same goal of taking down anyone with the last name St. Patrick.

I don't trust Effie either. On one end, I think she has genuine feelings for Tariq. On the other end, I feel like she's always willing to throw him under the bus or toss him to wolves when it comes to the drug business.

Special "FU" to the dog walker! You had to be quick and call 911. Couldn't mind your business.

🤣😂🤣

Effie just had to pick the shallowest pond so the car couldn't submerge and drown Lauren. 

Isn't Effie's fingerprints all over the that car she pushed in the water. 

So, the local police can be quick enough to get to the pond and rescue Lauren before drowning but they aren't that fast enough to go notify Lauren's parents she was in an accident and in the hospital before Jenny can arrive with her lies? Doesn't make sense!

So Effie stole a car and followed Brayden to make sure he killed Lauren. Effie then knocks Lauren out, puts her in the car, but ultimately didn't get the job done... and Effie was supposed to be the smart one.

Speaking from my own experience, the police investigate the scene to determine if there was any foul play. They do that before they notify anyone. However, I'm skeptical on whether Lauren's parents believed her death without a body or any kind of remains. What could possibly be the explanation for her parents not getting her remains if the police found her dead? Lauren went to her house and disappeared the same day. She wouldn't have decomposed that fast.

Did the "Alt Right" shirt and torch come from Weston's collection? Brayden had those props handy really quick to place in Chad's desk.

It looked like a Hawaiian shirt LOL

Keke must need the money real bad if she despises most of (if not all) the people there. She was at the strip club and tossed away her drink in disgust when no one was looking. 

I'd probably despise everyone too if the people I worked with were snorting coke everyday. I damn sure wouldn't be with them outside of work. None of them seem like her superiors so I'm not sure why she feels the need to be around them in a strip club.

I imagine the money is decent, but I'd be looking for an exit. There's always options.

I can see that too.

Why is Whitman showing his hand that fast to Monet? Was he expecting Monet to confess at that time. He is asking to be killed!!!! She won't forget that busted mirror now.

Breaking the mirror was excessive. What was the point of that?

The more Jenny and Blanca gets close, it seems one of them will die.

I'm not sensing that they'll die but I'm sure they'll fail miserably. Ghost's plot armor wasn't thick enough that we didn't get to see him in jail. At the very least, lock Tariq up for 1 season like they did with Ghost.

I guess Monet thinks she got Zeke's killer and it's over. 

I doubt it. I think it'll come back up again because it just doesn't make sense.

So far, we only see Monet watching Court shows. Wonder what is the purpose of this.

... and it's only Judge Faith. It just reruns in the Power universe.

Didn't take Tariq long to abandon his "Strong" conviction to not bring the product to Weston Holdings. One look at the coke heads and his juices are flowing to get the drugs there and take over Nick's territory.

Yup! He thinks he's gonna deal coke to most of Wall Street. I don't know how the fuck that would happen but the writers will figure that part out. The logistics at the Weston office can't be duplicated without cutting someone in who has access to the other offices and office buildings. How do they find out who Nick's other "clients" are?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

At the end, was Effie going to launch her new version of "Course Correct" but held off. I'm sure Tariq and Brayden will find out and there will be a problem with the 3.

So they're dumbing Effie down. I would assume there is heightened scrutiny on a similarly named tutoring app to make sure it isn't a drug front.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Looking back, he was expecting Cane to solve it and then pin it on the guy. Monet seemed to have bought it. He just didn't anticipate Cane knowing about the ring/necklace was in the box.

I get that. However, why did those two unrelated things (GTG and Zeke) have to all of a sudden connect? Why did they link? Lorenzo couldn't come up with a better story than that? I understand Lorenzo had to give Cane a reason to track this "GTG" person down because there is nothing that pointed to that guy. Lorenzo had to pay this guy to beat up Dru just to give Cane a reason to track that guy down.

I imagine that Lorenzo gave Dru Zeke's ring and told this guy to take Dru's chain???

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Isn't Cane playing a dumb game too. The longer he holds that secret and if Monet finds out it was Lorenzo, she will be mad at Cane for keeping it from her just for blackmail purposes.

I think Cane is playing a dumb game too. I believe, at some point, Monet will find out that Lorenzo killed Zeke. I don't think that's the last we'll hear about Zeke's death.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Jenny was actually talking about Saxe as the CI. That is very pathetic. Saxe is supposed to inform on this entire drug enterprise by spying on their attorney. I'm thinking Jenny was bullshitting to Blanca, and that "CI" was the first thing to pop into her head. I'm pretty sure she's running Saxe off the books and just milking him for information. I don't believe Saxe is under any legal obligation to provide Jenny any info but they both have the same goal of taking down anyone with the last name St. Patrick.

I don't trust Effie either. On one end, I think she has genuine feelings for Tariq. On the other end, I feel like she's always willing to throw him under the bus or toss him to wolves when it comes to the drug business.

I guess Jenny was desperate to get Blanca involved that she mentioned "CI". She has to know Davis is not going to voluntarily give Saxe any valuable information. SHe got lucky Davis was careless to leave his phone in the office.

And when did Saxe meet Monet to hear voice well enough to know it was her that answered.

And it will get back to Davis that Saxe made the call when Monet tells Davis he "called" her that night. He will know it was Saxe and not the night cleaning crew.

33 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

It looked like a Hawaiian shirt LOL

LOL. I am rooting for the kid get paid from a massive lawsuit. Brayden is writing big checks this episode. He had to pay Tate and he must have paid the IT guy to tamper with the computer.

All this to get Tariq an internship.

38 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I'd probably despise everyone too if the people I worked with were snorting coke everyday. I damn sure wouldn't be with them outside of work. None of them seem like her superiors so I'm not sure she feels the need to be around them in a strip club.

I imagine the money is decent, but I'd be looking for an exit. There's always options.

Seems she reports to Uncle Weston. Not sure why she would hang with the others at a strip club. 

I think there were two women briefly seen when Tariq arrived for his first day but there were no other women in any scenes at the office. 

I would have put in a few months and then leave that place.

43 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Yup! He thinks he's gonna deal coke to most of Wall Street. I don't know how the fuck that would happen but the writers will figure that part out. The logistics at the Weston office can't duplicated without cutting someone in who has access to the other offices and office buildings. How do they find out who Nick's other "clients" are?

I have a feeling Uncle Weston and Brayden's brother would be brought in. They may have connections in other buildings and will be dealers (and eventually take the fall when it goes bad).

I guess Brayden could figure it out Nick's list by reading the list of employees going to his classes. Tariq and Brayden already had business cards printed.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

So they're dumbing Effie down. I would assume there is heightened scrutiny on a similarly named tutoring app to make sure it isn't a drug front.

The app said "Course Correct". She thinks the NYPD and the Feds aren't monitoring. At least come up with a new name.

40 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I get that. However, why did those two unrelated things (GTG and Zeke) to all of a sudden connect? Why did they link? Lorenzo couldn't come up with a better story than that? I understand Lorenzo had to give Cane a reason to track this "GTG" person down because there is nothing that pointed to that guy. Lorenzo had to pay this guy to beat up Dru just to give Cane a reason to track that guy down.

I imagine that Lorenzo gave Dru Zeke's ring and told this guy to take Dru's chain???

Looking back, it doesn't make sense. I can't come up with a reasonable answer to this. It all hinged on Dru getting beat up (with no police intervention), the guard saying bald head guy to Cane, and the necklace. It all had to be perfect coincidences. 

Edited by mxc90
9 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

The app said "Course Correct". She thinks the NYPD and the Feds aren't monitoring. At least come up with a new name.

Really???? I gotta rewatch. I thought I read "Course Perfect" which I thought was a shitty name.

10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Really???? I gotta rewatch. I thought I read "Course Perfect" which I thought was a shitty name.

You're right it is "CoursePerfect". I would still think someone is watching out for a new app to pop up. She would be wise to not launch it.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
On 3/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, mxc90 said:

Jenny is evil to let Lauren's parents/family think she is dead.  

I know. Why do her parents think she’s dead without a BODY?? Most parents would assume she was missing and would be actively looking for her. A better explanation is that her parents were notified but told she was in protective custody, and if people ask say she’s in the hospital. 

BUT Cane over played his hand. If he had said to his Dad “I know you killed Zeke, why?” His father would’ve confessed and felt guilty (I really don’t think he wanted to hurt Zeke and her certainly didn’t want his wife to leave with Dante), and Cane had said “it’s okay Dad I’ve got you”, his father would’ve been grateful. But when he said “now I own you.” I thought “Lorenzo is going to kill him.”

21 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Brayden wanting to sell drugs will never make sense to me. Truthfully, the same applies to Tariq for me. While I understand that they want feel like they built something for themselves, these two fuckheads could have done that without selling drugs. I'm sure they would have had the financial support of their parents to start whatever legitimate venture they wanted to start.

I know! James never wanted Tariq in this life. Never. Bryden doesn’t have to do this. How is this fun? It’s DANGEROUS. People are trying to murder you constantly. 

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Speaking from my own experience, the police investigate the scene to determine if there was any foul play. They do that before they notify anyone. However, I'm skeptical on whether Lauren's parents believed her death without a body or any kind of remains. What could possibly be the explanation for her parents not getting her remains if the police found her dead? Lauren went to her house and disappeared the same day. She wouldn't have decomposed that fast.

You said it first. 

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

BUT Cane over played his hand. If he had said to his Dad “I know you killed Zeke, why?” His father would’ve confessed and felt guilty (I really don’t think he wanted to hurt Zeke and her certainly didn’t want his wife to leave with Dante), and Cane had said “it’s okay Dad I’ve got you”, his father would’ve been grateful. But when he said “now I own you.” I thought “Lorenzo is going to kill him.”

The Power universe is filled with some fucked up kids. No matter how bad the kids get, the parents never want to kill them. The only exception to that rule so far has been Kanan, for killing Shawn... and Shawn didn't do anything that was worthy of being killed.

I can't see Lorenzo killing any one of his kids. I can't see Monet doing it either.

Edited by AntFTW
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I can't see Lorenzo killing any one of his kids. I can't see Monet doing it either.

I don’t see Monet doing such a thing, but Lorenzo? I don’t know. We don’t know him that well as a character and I think Cane overplayed his hand. 

The same Tariq that killed his father and scared to save his sister from getting shot??!! My Goodness!

Tariq is awful but he did love Raina. He couldn’t have saved her and he killed the guy that shot her. Raina wouldn’t have been talking to that crooked cop if not for Tariq’s BS, but Tariq couldn’t have stopped that bullet. Tariq only shot James after James was talking shit about turning him in (after James murdered tons of people!!!!!), for killing the cop that killed Raina, and James turned his back on the family. 

8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

It did say “Course Perfect”.

I don’t see this. They say Tate needs a wife- a college girl isn’t a candidate. I see him getting back with the professor who he likely brushed off when they were younger. Tate is dirty but I don’t think he’s a predator. Whenever we’ve seen him with women it’s been sleezy but age appropriate and consensual (like the wife of his rival). Now if Brushaundria hit on him, I think he’s game but I don’t think he’d prey on her. 

4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t see this. They say Tate needs a wife- a college girl isn’t a candidate. I see him getting back with the professor who he likely brushed off when they were younger. Tate is dirty but I don’t think he’s a predator. Whenever we’ve seen him with women it’s been sleezy but age appropriate and consensual (like the wife of his rival). Now if Brushaundria hit on him, I think he’s game but I don’t think he’d prey on her. 

I don't trust him. There are dirty levels he still can sink to.

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Tariq is awful but he did love Raina. He couldn’t have saved her and he killed the guy that shot her. Raina wouldn’t have been talking to that crooked cop if not for Tariq’s BS, but Tariq couldn’t have stopped that bullet. Tariq only shot James after James was talking shit about turning him in (after James murdered tons of people!!!!!), for killing the cop that killed Raina, and James turned his back on the family. 

True. 

• Like 1

The same Tariq that killed his father and scared to save his sister from getting shot??!! My Goodness!

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think it minimizes or justifies him killing his father. Tariq couldn't have stopped the bullet but Tariq created the circumstances.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Tariq does whatever he needs for his family, except confess. I probably said this before. He was willing to sell drugs and kill people to get his mother out of jail for a crime that he did and to get Yaz out of foster care, but he's not willing to confess, which would accomplish those same results. He told Tasha to tell the truth about Tariq killing James if it means getting her out of jail, but he could have done that himself and gotten her out of jail.

Tariq scolded and then killed James for not taking the rap for a crime he committed, and meanwhile James is free after doing all of his dirt. My response to that is "why should James take the blame for Ray Ray? You were sloppy, and James wasn't. Your dumb ass took a gun that was linked to your house, and specifically, to your mother. That's a rookie move that James wouldn't have made."

The very thing that he got so mad at, to the point of murdering his father, is the thing that he turned around and did to his mother. James wasn't taking the blame for Ray Ray. Tariq said he would protect his mom but Tariq wasn't taking the blame for James. Just for that, someone should shoot Tariq in the ass.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I don't think it minimizes or justifies him killing his father. Tariq couldn't have stopped the bullet but Tariq created the circumstances.

You’re right. I cannot stand Tariq, he’s awful- but Tasha taking the blame for him, I understand that’s what mothers do. And they figured out pretty early she wasn’t tall enough to have been the shooter. For the record I don’t think Tariq should’ve killed James, his stupid ass shouldn’t have been hanging out with Kanaan and selling drugs in the first place and EVERYTHING ELSE wouldn’t have happened. Tariq should’ve been glad Tommy didn’t shoot his ass. 

But now that everyone who actually loved him is gone (James, Tasha, Tommy, his grandmother is in rehab) he’s going to keep making foul ass mistakes. Monet doesn’t give two shits about him- however we know his plot armor is thick because this is his book!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Omarosa. That might have been a passable reference 10 years ago.

Why was Effie trying to steer Diana toward the TA? To keep her away from Tariq? Hmm, I kinda doubt the TA swings her way. But whatever, Diana complaining how much books cost was ridiculous to me. Her family is rich.

Well Keke certainly knows how to show her appreciation. But screwing on company time on company property with one of the company heirs? That might not be a safe move for sista girl unless Braden falls in love with her.

A dollar bill-shooter. Is that really a thing in strip clubs?

Oh, Brayden, no! Not undermining your pal Tariq again. Why? Because he can?

I could not understand why they would send Dru to kill that fitness coach dealer. He's textbook case of PTSD right now and could easily have botched the job.

I kept confusing Whitman for Saxe in this episode.