Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Stung

DearEvette
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Adgirl said:

This is a great addition to the new female revenge thriller genre. 

The various hives on Twitter are already buzzing about this.

I'm scared to look because I don't want spoilers -- I took one glance and so many people have already finished! Anyway, loved the first episode. Weird, disturbing, funny, dark. Fishback is stellar.

Oh my gosh, so much tragedy in one episode. I guess the downward spiral has only started but where can they go from here? More and more bloody revenge? I'm usually into more feel-good or scifi stuff but this is so very compelling, not least Fishburne, that I'm gonna watch it anyway. I'm predicting a lot of awards for this show (I hope).

I guess Dre and Marissa weren't really sisters? Otherwise it would be even more tragic (with Marissa's family barring her from the funeral). And Khalid's comment about their appearance not being very alike. 

When she bashed Khalid's head in and after... damn. 

The bee sound for those maddening or simply mad moments was very effective.

I wonder if the songs are written especially for this show? They sounded great.

Edited by Cloudly
Forgot some stuff I wanted to say!
  • Like 1

The ending definitely didn’t go the way I thought it would.  I figured she and Khalid would hook up and live together.

Danielle did a great job, especially in that final scene.  You could see why she was so shocked by her own actions.