Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E04: Auditions, Part 4

• Start Topic

"603A (Auditions)"

New Orleans, Las Vegas, and Nashville, Tennessee.

Airing Sunday March 12, after the Oscars.

I was so scared it was going to be a clip show, but thank goodness it was new contestants.

Oh, that's it!  Nice and short 1 hour episode.  Good!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I'll have to check this out later. I tried to stay up for it last night, but since the Jimmy Kimmel Awards refused to friggin' end, I wound up going to bed. Nice to know that it's not a recap/clip show! 

I watched coz I couldn’t sleep but wish I hadn’t. They were all mediocre to rubbish including the one Katy said was top 10 and maybe 2 of the 9 (me being generous) should have gotten a ticket but 8/9 did for their stories 🙄

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, dizzyd said:

They were all mediocre to rubbish including the one Katy said was top 10 and maybe 2 of the 9 (me being generous) should have gotten a ticket but 8/9 did for their stories 🙄

Yeah, I agree.  Seemed like singers were going through based on a story rather than talent, and I expect them to disappear quickly in Hollywood.  I can only remember two that I thought were really deserving--the girl who said she had only been singing for a few months, and one country guy whose story I can't remember (if he even had a story).  I think it was the one who brought a friend to play guitar for him.  Edit:  Sorry one more--the guy that played the piano and sang the Ray Charles song was probably the best of the night.

Edited by paul4295

Colten Glover who sang "Rock Salt and Nails" was my favorite of the night. Probably because I adore the Tyler Childers version of the song, and Colten had a similar sound. I'm not sure he'll make it in Hollywood, but I'll download his music. 

Outside of that, the only person who stuck in my memory was the kid who covered Ray Charles. I don't think his sound will connect with a lot of AI fans, but he was definitely talented. 

• Like 1

Glad to know I am not the only one that thinks most of the singers getting through are getting through due to their stories.  Some are so meek and timid, I don't think they will make it through the first week of competition.  Teaming up is one of the most stressful and cutthroat part of the competition.  But then again, Scotty McGree was kicked out of his group because they wanted to go with someone else.  Well, Scotty had the last laugh when he won!

I feel it is very unfair or stacking the deck for those showcased vs those singers that did not have a sad sob story.  But going into the next round we already know and they already have following as the others don't.  Just doesn't seem right.

• Like 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I caught a bit of this, particularly the contestant who had lost a lot of weight.  I figured he would go through based on how much time they spent discussing his life and that his mother was there "listening at the door," but I was very underwhelmed with his performance.  They all acted as though he was some incredible find, but he just was not good.  I thought his voice was kind of flat. 

Are you sure this is the March 12 episode?  I'm watching March 19 and there's a guy with a weight loss journey on that episode.  Unless there was 2 of them?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay