Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Facta Non Verba

• Start Topic

Looks like everything is starting to come together now.  Turns out that the Black Ravens are actually working with the New Dawn/the rebellion because those ships were actually filled with soldiers that were going to take the Fae to the war zone, so they all now have a common enemy.  Vignette definitely seems to be reconsidering her options now.

Well, Imogen and Agreus' relationship just got dicey!  After Ezra revealed that Imogen made up lies and what not to prevent him from ever getting married (and she really didn't deny it), Agreus tries to make her feel better by.... revealing that he got rich by actually betraying and turning in escaped Faes.  They are then forced to kill Ezra before he tries to rat them out to the soldiers and that has helped lead to Imogen feeling like Agreus wants to control her like Ezra did and whatnot.  A lot going on here.  And now they are forced to still work together due to being made "emissaries" for the New Dawn as they try to "negotiate" peace with Millworthy and Parliament.

Definitely thinking something is going to prevent Tourmaline's visions from coming true, but I'm still unsure how.  I also still have no idea who the creature will end up being.  Will it be someone we already know?

I guess it will all end next week!

• Like 1

Why do I feel like a) that there are two of the scary fae creatures and b) they are the couple portraying Imogen and Agreus at the Spurnrose home?

Edited by areca
  • Like 1
On 3/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely thinking something is going to prevent Tourmaline's visions from coming true, but I'm still unsure how.  I also still have no idea who the creature will end up being.  Will it be someone we already know?

I guess it will all end next week!

I am somewhat suspicious of Millworthy, who is so very quiet and seems human, but is pro fae. I'm not sure what it would add to his storyline, though. I think I liked the first season a bit better, because it allowed itself to linger more on the characters. It is too bad this isn't getting more seasons, I like it better than most of the fantasy epics out there.

• Like 3

Whew. For a minute there I thought this was the last episode, I'd hate to think they'd just leave us hanging like that. As it is, I'm still not sure if they knew this would be the last season when they filmed this so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get some sort of satisfactory ending.

Not liking what they're doing with Imogen and Agreus. And I think this sudden turn in their relationship speaks to the possibility that the writers saw this as a long-term storyline rather than something which would have to be wrapped up in two more episodes. It's a little late in the game for this kind of development.

I am somewhat suspicious of Millworthy, who is so very quiet and seems human, but is pro fae.

He's my best guess as to the identity of the Sparas too. Although it would be pretty ironic if it turned out to be Dombey.

• Like 2

I think I am getting really tired of the 8-13 episode two year between each season shows. It is beginning to feel like a whole lot of not worth it and lost momentum. I had to watch the first season before I got into this one. I find that Wheel of Time, made from a series of books I never bothered to read, seems just pointless in retrospect. I'm all about genre television, but I'm not sure the show seems worth it. I get a short season that is a long movie and might or might not spawn a sequel, like Watchman or Mare of Eastwood. I think Netflix Daredevil held it together and provided one excellent season of television, stretched over time. But, really, how much effort am I supposed to put into this, for mediocrity.

That said, three seasons of this could have equaled one really good season of television.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1