Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Myth

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

This episode continues to bring more Qs than answers. Ugh. It also mentions some of the theories that we read online including the “eating people” speculation. But no mention of “purgatory” and “dollhouse” theories though.

Uncle George (UG) is lying about leaving the cult, about Leanne has no power, just a regular girl from Wisconsin and about why he wants to take her back. Leanne says Juju talk too much, then all of a sudden he couldn’t talk? Strange coincidence?

I am as disappointed as Roscoe with this “confession”, at first. But then I remember he once told Roscoe that Leanne will tear the city apart with her “power”. Sean and Juju should never trust UG 💯.

Am still 50/50 on Jericho 2.0’s origin story. He seems healthy for a baby who’s exposed to drugs in the womb, no sign of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) etc. Sean has a feeling that the baby is his Jericho. 

Leanne was stalking Dorothy regularly, what if she knew and witnessed Jericho 1.0 alone in the car. What if she swapped the babies, took Jericho out and put the OD’d woman’s baby in the car?

Rupert Grint’s physical delivery of “WTF bro” and “this dude and his makeovers” are hilarious! 😂

Is Dorothy hiding her physical recovery progress from Sean and Juju? Her ability to prepare dinner for 4 without help in their non-accessible kitchen, that’s something.

Dorothy discovers some new info about Leanne’s mom - she’s an alcoholic, got a DUI and was in a bad car crash in 2005, died 2 days after the fire incident. Leanne’s yearly ritual of stalking Dorothy at work on the anniversary of her mom’s death is creepy.

The change of atmosphere and power dynamic at the dinner table is really interesting. Sean and Juju testing Leanne’s fake ability and Dorothy exaggerating about their mom. These happen when they stop believing and think that Leanne is just a deranged, petulant teen. Mission accomplished UG!

Next episode is titled “Tunnels”. Will Sean, Dorothy and Juju be exploring the tunnels? Hope they’ll find charred Aunt Josephine.

Laura Grayson forcing a smile on baby Leanne, so unhinged. 😣

CB73754E-F613-44E7-8B44-B8285F4A4AD6.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh man I was ready to throw hands when Uncle George said Leanne was just a normal girl and all that was happening was in their heads and there were logical explainations for everything.

I was hoping we'd actually get some backstory about Leanne's past at this point of the season but looks like we're back to square one again.

I guess we truly have to wait till the final episode to get all the answers...

• Like 2

I want to believe George because I hope/I have always hoped that is where this is going.  I personally love stories where that happens.

The cult telling him he had died and was reborn to serve God, very creepy.

But is he whipping himself because he lied to Sean before or lied to him now? How can we tell? I loved Julian going through the house banging to wake the hidden baby. Was the doll around, then, because Leanne was being difficult.

The beginning scenes of the street and roof and the rain, the way the camera moved and the angles changed, were gorgeous.

Dorothy still needs therapy, damn it. All of them do, at this point. It is still debatable whether they need an exorcist.

• Like 2
On 2/24/2023 at 9:41 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am still 50/50 on Jericho 2.0’s origin story. He seems healthy for a baby who’s exposed to drugs in the womb, no sign of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) etc. Sean has a feeling that the baby is his Jericho. 

Leanne was stalking Dorothy regularly, what if she knew and witnessed Jericho 1.0 alone in the car. What if she swapped the babies, took Jericho out and put the OD’d woman’s baby in the car?

Is Dorothy hiding her physical recovery progress from Sean and Juju? Her ability to prepare dinner for 4 without help in their non-accessible kitchen, that’s something.

The change of atmosphere and power dynamic at the dinner table is really interesting. Sean and Juju testing Leanne’s fake ability and Dorothy exaggerating about their mom. These happen when they stop believing and think that Leanne is just a deranged, petulant teen. Mission accomplished UG!

Yes, it is possible Leanne switched the babies, I hadn't thought of that. It may give them a happier ending than I had previously thought. I'm not sure parents can magically recognize their children. .  He was gone for a while and replaced by a doll, and Leanne rubs her scent all over him every chance she gets.

Dorothy still grunts in pain during the transfers and she isn't using a walker to facilitate them. She doesn't seem to be getting any rehab, either, since the two women are gone.  I suppose her ability to do the cooking partially depends on the recipe, but it would be difficult. A lot of the kitchen is out of reach.

• Like 2
On 2/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, tired and hungry said:

Oh man I was ready to throw hands when Uncle George said Leanne was just a normal girl and all that was happening was in their heads and there were logical explainations for everything.

I was hoping we'd actually get some backstory about Leanne's past at this point of the season but looks like we're back to square one again.

I guess we truly have to wait till the final episode to get all the answers...

At this point I'm prepared to have no answers at all. 😕

• Like 1