Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: On Days Like Today…Silver Linings Become Lifelines

DanaK
  • Start Topic

02/22/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Crockett relies on O.R. 2.0 to save a construction worker's severed hand. Charles and Goodwin clash as negotiations drag on between the administration and the custodial workers' union. Hannah fights to keep a mother and her newborn baby together. 

I think the story of the addict mother was supposed to be inspiring, but I get the feeling that child will have a difficult life dealing with her mother’s addiction.  (Assuming she completes rehab and gets her back.) 

I’m not sure why she I’ve never warmed up to Hannah.  I’m not sure if it’s the writing or her personality in that character.  

I did like Dr. Charles’s girlfriend, but I get a funny feeling things may go south with them due to this union issue.  I prefer medical cases and not administrative and staff issues on these shows.  I’m glad Dr. Charles stayed out of it.  

• Like 2

Has the show ever talked about how Hannah’s addiction developed? She talked about how when she’d gotten sober for other people, she could only stay clean a year or so. I wonder when/how her addiction developed in relation to her medical schooling/career and the drug testing that goes along with it. 

• Like 2
On 2/23/2023 at 7:49 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the story of the addict mother was supposed to be inspiring, but I get the feeling that child will have a difficult life dealing with her mother’s addiction.  (Assuming she completes rehab and gets her back.) 

I’m not sure why she I’ve never warmed up to Hannah.  I’m not sure if it’s the writing or her personality in that character.  

I did like Dr. Charles’s girlfriend, but I get a funny feeling things may go south with them due to this union issue.  I prefer medical cases and not administrative and staff issues on these shows.  I’m glad Dr. Charles stayed out of it.  

I’ve actually grown to like the Hannah character . Halstead didn’t break the rules.  That’s a first.

Just now, Diana Berry said:

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Like 2

Hannah’s refusal to call CPS was really unacceptable.  As Dr. Archer warned her, she had a duty to do so.  And, to lie to the social worker’s face when she showed up for an evaluation is just incredulous.  Once the social worker figured out about the timing of the events and what happened…..I can’t believe Hannah didn’t get into some hot water.  To me, she lets her personal life influence her judgment in a negative way.    

• Like 1
23 hours ago, KeithJ said:

It’s a little ridiculous how often the doctors contradict each other in front of patients and now Maggie, a nurse, is doing it in front of the missing hand guy?

I was really surprised Maggie was questioning the surgery.   Like, she knows better about this kind of surgery?

• Like 1