Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Lost One

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Interesting Jabari wasn't injured at all, not a scratch.

Jordan seemed to be taking it really well.  Too well. Spencer at least seems to be burying his guilt over not forgiving him before he died at least he has the voicemail to keep.

• Like 1

Yes, that was the one bone I had to pick with the episode.  If Jabari couldn't get off the bus for hours, it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have some kind of visible injury when not that much time has passed since the accident.  I'm guessing he had gotten knocked unconscious, but I guess it wasn't the time to explain that to the audience.  (Of course, there's still the problem that it was one of those small buses and should have been easy to check all the seats!)

Jordan was in a really good place with his dad, but the fact that he witnessed his death does make his calm reaction more surprising.  But I guess they want someone handling it okay to contrast with Olivia and Spencer.  I appreciate that they didn't make everything be all about Spencer in this episode and will have things unfold more later with him.

I was pleasantly surprised by G.W.'s appearance and the role he played in the episode.  I was afraid that they would say he couldn't make it because he was too frail because of his health problems and just have him still in Florida.  I'm sure Laura's mom would have been there too, but although I'm not sure how much she still works these days, I doubt they could afford another Jaclyn Smith appearance!

Does all that stuff with Patience and the phone have to do with her "#1 fan"?  I couldn't read any of the messages, so I was guessing the woman is stalking her or something.

ETA:  I went through the recording and paused so I could read Patience's phone, and I was right.  Not looking forward to this storyline!

Edited by KWalkerInc
Answered my question.

Stunningly absent of standard soap games.  I had bet myself there would be some kind of "moment" between Olivia and Spence.  Never happened.  It was all Billy and loss, all the time.  Really well done.

Also well done was the bottom (if he lets it be) that J.J. experienced.  Wow.  That was a Scrooge-like glimpse into the horror of loneliness he is headed towards if he chooses the bottle over all else. 

We never got the announcement at the celebration that Billy had pledged to stay at SCHS.  That deserved to be seen/experienced.

Credit for showing the transference of anger from the widow to Jabari.  Very real.  Again, not overly draaaaaaamatized.  Nice that it turned into an oath of service, along with her apology. 

Overall, the intentional underplaying of it all was a great, great, choice.  Credit to all involved.    

• Like 2