Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Once Upon A Time In...

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

NUP_200029_01493.thumb.jpg.dc8cede231da849aa9233ff2edaa5964.jpg

Pat Patterson finds love in Boston, Andre the Giant meets his destiny in Paris and Peter Maivia teaches Sean Connery how to fight in Dwayne's tales of their younger years.

Premiere Date: February 3, 2023     8 pm     NBC

Dawnn Lewis as Prime Minister Angela Honig
Valéry Lessard as Emma
Jacob Warren as Young Andre The Giant
Justin James Boykin as Claude
Jacob Mundell as Jacques
Sam Puefua as Young Peter Maivia
Marshall Allen Williams as Young Pat Peterson
Julien Marlon Samani as Louie

The Royal Rumble was a great idea.  Even now, it's a lot of people's favorite PPV of the year.  I thought Pierre Clermont was a good wrestler's name though.  Sounds like a Canadian tough guy lumberjack.  Seeing Andre's early years was nice.

Yikes, I didn't know the coffee subplot was going to go for the whole season.  Hopefully it's over now, the prime minister at least gave a good reason for not wanting a deal with the U.S.  This will probably lead to friction with President Clown Car. 

• Like 2

Fun to actually focus on some of the other "supporting" people that inspired Dwayne as will and getting to see younger versions of Pat Patterson, Andre the Giant, and Peter Maivia.  According to Wikipeda, Pat really was the one who came up with the Royal Rumble concept, which I didn't know so that's pretty cool.

Credit to the actor playing Sean Connery for not overtly exaggerating the iconic voice/accent like others tend to do, but was still distinctive enough to know that he was clearly playing Sean Connery.

Weird this might be the end of the coffee subplot.  I wonder what is in store for the rest of the season?

• Like 3

Perhaps three episodes would have keep me more entertained than three stories. Or having already seen so much of youngest Rock with Andre maybe the High Chief and Pat as they rose in those pre Rock n Wrestling days.

• Like 1

I wish someone would make an Andre the Giant comedy/drama series. Based on everything I know about his life it would be super interesting. And based on today's technology you could do it with CGI or even Elf style forced perspective.

As for the High Chief his story was cool too. The only the I really know about him was he was the model for Maui in Moana, so based on that the actor they got for this episode was pretty good.

• Like 1