Type keyword(s) to search

Pressure Cooker - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is a cooking competitive reality show on Netflix.  The chefs are probably in their 20s-40s and all live together in the same house.  So it's kind of like Big Brother crossed with any cooking competitive show.  I watched the whole thing very quickly, I was so addicted.  I've been trying so hard to find a topic on this show, but I keep coming up empty.  Hope I didn't miss it.

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 9.20.44 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1

Episode 2 -  I liked how they brought in the first eliminated to sample the dishes blindly.  I thought Renee should have considered putting herself up.  She was the leader and the team lost because of the dishes not being a good fit.  She also did not have the best dish on her team.  Jeana is getting on my nerves now.  

I just finished the 6th episode.  I am glad to be rid of Jeana.  I think Sergei deliberately got rid of Ed.  It seemed odd the others in the kitchen were all saying that Ed's meal was so great.  Sergei admitted he knew who did which dish.  He said he was honest but I don't believe he really picked the worst dish.  

• Like 2

I just finished watching the finale.  I was happy with how it ended.  I was surprised that I came to appreciate Mike.  I did not like him early on.  But he was fair.  Several of the others were manipulative in how they played the game.  I always liked Robbie and would have been happy with either him or Mike winning.  I was satisfied when Sergei and Carolyn were split up.  They were that duo that tried to run the kitchen.  I did not need to see Jeana back at the end.  She still annoyed me just by opening her mouth.  

• Like 2

I binged the whole show yesterday. I really enjoyed it.  A cross between Big Brother and a good cooking competition, who knew?  Loved the ticket machine.  I got annoyed with some of the game play getting in the way of actually judging the food; but I was happy with the final 2. 

• Like 1

This was just okay for me. I did like that very quickly, the animosity faded and people just had to outcook one another (and they all ended up being pretty nice, except for awful Jeana, who really should be ashamed of herself -- at one point she is blatantly implying that Sergei and Caroline are having an affair, when we really didn't see anything improper between the two -- just two people who seemed to get each other.

I was happy with the final two, but irritated that it all came down to saintly Robbie winning simply because he was such a sweet guy, when it seemed so clear that his meal was not as good as Mike's.

The winner also made clear why we got so many sobbing confessionals of Mike trying to save his family and his restaurant. I mean, I wish him well, and I'm happy he won, I just wish I felt like he had the best and most innovative meal. That steak and potato dish looked absolutely terrible.

I liked the bait-and-switch of the way it worked except that it meant there was zero suspense because of course Lana was going to choose the guy she'd been closest to.