Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Feels So Good

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Laura throws Billy a surprise birthday party, everyone comes together to roast Billy, but Billy has a looming decision hanging over his head. Spencer makes an effort to do what’s best for himself, hoping it helps Olivia and him take a step towards moving on. Jayme offers some sage advice to Asher about his speech with JJ, but she ignores her own about watching out for red flags. Meanwhile, Jordan and Layla get in their first fight over something neither of them could have predicted.

Airdate: 01/23/2023

Yes, this episode seemed to move at a snail's pace.  I kept looking at the clock on my laptop and it was only like 20 minutes in!  I didn't think they would drag out whether Billy takes the coaching job they way they are.  I understand Grace being pissed, and she was right about him not sticking with being principal, but I'm glad that he doesn't appear to be that influenced by her, as it's still his life.  She was annoying me with her constant pushing of Spencer to be with Alicia, even when it seems it may not be what he wants to do.  Most of the show seems to be focused on a bunch of couples I really do not care about (except Billy and Laura).  I would say that it probably won't get any better now that the show is renewed, but I think they filmed awhile ago and were already going forward with the assumption they would get another season (even though it wasn't a given with new ownership).  I don't think I was paying attention if Olivia's guy has appeared before.  Obviously he's from the newspaper, but I didn't recognize him.  Anyway, I hope they will get to more football sometime this season.

Jaymee's seemingly inevitable demise still makes me very uncomfortable, especially in this episode with all of her ignored symptoms.  I have had serious health issues in the past and have every little thing give me pause even a decade later, so it makes me squirm having to watch that.  I'm sure she isn't sticking around much longer considering this show likes to kill someone off at least once a year and doesn't even have enough air time for regulars (J.J. and Patience) even with Grace mostly being gone and Dillon only an occasional guest star.

• Like 1

Really disliked this ep.  The age of the actors is really becoming too much.  So, too, Ezra's ever-increasing lack of muscle tone.

I was super not happy with Asher's whining that J.J. was not contacting him.  Huh?  Insanity.  Jordan and Spencer each being chill about it all was also bad.

Dredging up draaaaaama about Jordan and Simone is ridiculous and silly.  There is no "guy's code."  This goes double for rich, handsome QBs of a major college football program. 

Coop's relationship is a giant bore, with dashes of absurdity.  She made complete sense about Patience, but puhlease...approaching it like a guy would by rationalizing and declaring a clear wall/limit with the current squeeze?  First, that's rich coming from Miss Emotion over sense, and second, being readily accepted by a young lady who is clearly emotionally upset over these limitations/lines that she is rightly intuiting?  Nuh uh.

Congrats on the renewal.  Not shocked that "Homecoming" has yet to be renewed.  There's only so much Simone a viewer can take, despite the real qualities of that show.

• Like 3