Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Doctor of the Series?

bros402
  • Start Topic

So, I calculated who was the worst doctor in my little reviews. I only started the posts at the start of season 3 (Well, episode 3), but the worst doctor for the series is tied at 11 wins - Iggy & Reynolds are the worst doctors as of Season 5, episode 11.

Season 3's worst doctor was Dr. Bloom (3)
Season 4's was a tie between Iggy & Reynolds (7)
Season 5's (so far) is Bloom (4)

And I bet nobody cares at all, but here's the breakdown:

Spoiler

Worst doctors:
S2e18 - iggy tied with max

S3e3 - Bloom
S3e4 - Iggy
S3e5 - Bloom
S3e6 - Iggy
S3e7 - Reynolds
S3e8 - Nobody (Board Lady won worst)
S3e9 - Interim Head of Neurology that Kapoor trained
S3e10 - Tie between Sharpe & guest doctor (potential neurology head)
S3e11 - Max
S312 - Bloom
S313 - None (apparently not a lot of doctoring) - but the Worst Employee was the awesome ER nurse
S3e14 - The Dr that Reynolds was in a thruple with

S4e1 - Iggy
S4e2 - Reynolds
S4e3 - Tie between Bloom & Reynolds
S4e4 - Sharpe
S4e5 - Bloom
S4e6 - Iggy
S4e7 - Tie between Reynolds & Iggy
S4e8 - Tie between Max & Iggy
S4e9 - Iggy
S4e10 - Reynolds (Bad medicine) & Iggy (For cheating on his husband)
S4e11 - Dr. Whackadoodle, the holistic medicine doctor who disappeared after season 4
S4e12 - Tie between Max & Bloom
S4e13 - Bloom
S4e14 - Wilder
S4e15 - Sharpe
S4e16 - Iggy
S4e17 - Reynolds
S4e18 - Dr. Whackadoodle
S4e19 - Reynolds
S4e20 - Sharpe
S4e21 - Reynolds
S4e22 - Iggy

S5e1 - Sharpe
S5e2 - Wilder
S5e3 - Reynolds
S5e4 - Reynolds
S5e5 - Iggy
S5e6 - Bloom
S5e7- Reynolds
S5e8 - Bloom
S5e9 - Max
S5e10 - Bloom
S5e11- Tie between Bloom & Wilder

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I think overall it has to be Iggy.

Oh yeah, I tried to make a list of every one of Max's crusades - but I got halfway through season 3 recaps and every single one seemed worse than the last. Reading the recaps, it was shocking how quickly the show declined in quality.

Iggy is my vote for the worst. He apparently sees only one patient per day, brings his personal life into the job and has really strange ideas that don’t seem medically sound.

I will miss this show despite the bad writing. I didn’t want Max with Wilder, she always seems very flippant to me and she doesn’t seem like she would be a good stepmother. It took me awhile to figure out Luna was the new director, but it was a good way to end the show.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Iggy is my vote for the worst. He apparently sees only one patient per day, brings his personal life into the job and has really strange ideas that don’t seem medically sound.

I will miss this show despite the bad writing. I didn’t want Max with Wilder, she always seems very flippant to me and she doesn’t seem like she would be a good stepmother. It took me awhile to figure out Luna was the new director, but it was a good way to end the show.

I'll miss this show because of the little community we have here on this board.

I thought Max & Wilder was a weird pairing too - but more because she isn't right for him. Max jumps from crusade to crusade every week and probably would never have the time to focus on any relationship outside of Luna.

But yeah, I think Iggy might be the worst medically.

Max did his horrible crusades, but he didn't really have much of an opportunity to permanently screw someone up.

Sharpe had some issues, not too many.

Wilder came on too late to be Worst Doctor.

So the only real challengers were the Big 3: Bloom, Reynolds, and Iggy. Of those three, I would probably narrow it down to Reynolds and Iggy, since at least Bloom had her staff behind her to catch her with a lot of the egregious stuff (since the nurses and other doctors would step in if something Real Bad was going to happen, like when she was hopped up on pills).

A lot of Reynolds' stuff was nonmedical - so yeah, I think Iggy might actually be the worst doctor of the series when you just purely consider what he does with patients. He's practically experimenting on some of them without their consent (or a review by an ethics committee). The most disgusting one that comes to mind is the couple that found out they were siblings - that was just a wtf, why would he tell them to stay together

15 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Iggy is definitely the WOAT (Worst of All Time) simply because he is almost always wrong. The only reason he’s not the worst each episode is because he wasn’t featured much that week. 

I think there were some episodes where other people were genuinely the worst, like the time Willder was tempted to cut off a guy's limb because he wouldn't consent. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Fair point! If Max is anything, it's ineffectual.

He also seemed to drop most of his crusades after the week was up - there were a few you could see signs of afterwards, though. None of them were the ones that could actually hurt people, though.

• Like 2