Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Towers of Faith

• Start Topic

I was a little bored and FFed through Harald's fight with the 2 big guys.  I was assuming he'd win and didn't want to waste time watching it happen.  I'm still not really interested in Freydis or her journey, although it did make me curious about where Pomerania is/was (Poland), so there's that.

Where is Cnut?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1

Where is Cnut?

Still tied up in a land war in Denmark, apparently.

I'm not crazy about the direction this is going in. I just don't care enough about Freydis for her to have a story off on her own. And now it looks like Harald and Leif will be off on their own separate paths as well. These characters work best when they are all working together. 

Plus I hope we're not in for another drug addiction story with Leif. We already had enough of that with Hvitserk on Vikings.

• Like 4

This show has no center.  The cast is all over the place, too many to keep track of or care about, and not a single compelling personality to hold our attention in spite of it all.   The locations keep shifting and characters seem to travel between them even more quickly than on Game of Thrones.   It takes too much effort to follow.   The scene with Freydis "this is our new Uppsala!" seemed like a lot of pageantry without any real emotion.  I liked Freydis in Season 1 (I liked all of Season 1, actually) but here she seems too self-important and one-dimensional.

Edited by millennium