Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Paper Is Paper

• Start Topic

Nick’s success on the road infuriates Steve, who turns to Ray to spy on him. As Steve reaches his breaking point with Nick, Irene reaches hers with her husband.

Air date: December 27, 2022

I can't believe Steve thought he could get away with the murder-for-hire. Everyone who knew him knew how much he hated Nick, *and* he took the cash for the hit out of his home safe hoping his accountant wife wouldn't notice. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I can't believe Steve thought he could get away with the murder-for-hire. Everyone who knew him knew how much he hated Nick, *and* he took the cash for the hit out of his home safe hoping his accountant wife wouldn't notice. 🤦‍♀️

What's crazy is that in reality, he didn't get arrested for another 6 or 7 years, and it took another (failed) murder for hire he commissioned at the start of the '90s to make it all happen. He could have gotten away with it if he hadn't had this complete inability to deal with anything that may affect his ego or his wallet.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

What's crazy is that in reality, he didn't get arrested for another 6 or 7 years, and it took another (failed) murder for hire he commissioned at the start of the '90s to make it all happen. He could have gotten away with it if he hadn't had this complete inability to deal with anything that may affect his ego or his wallet.

I recall reading that he'd considered taking a hit out on Bruce Nahin, his former attorney and minority owner of Chippendales, because Bruce told Steve the napkin contract was valid. Steve was pathological.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I recall reading that he'd considered taking a hit out on Bruce Nahin, his former attorney and minority owner of Chippendales, because Bruce told Steve the napkin contract was valid. Steve was pathological.

I know he also tried killing one of the dancers who started making his own calendar, Dan Peterson, but that one failed too. And this is someone he was relatively close to! It all sounds made up, unless you know the story.

Nick had to have known how Denise felt about him, I'm surprised he went so far as to make out with/sleep with her.  He shouldn't have played with her.

I can't believe murder for hire is the first place that Steve went to go.  Why the hell did the suck-up henchman agree to do that?? A murder charge is a far thing from a potential arson charge.

I'm glad that Irene found out the truth and was able to get away from Steve.  Did Steve really think that no one would suspect him?  What an arrogant tool.

• Like 3