Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: An American Marriage

• Start Topic

Harper and Robyn contend with work-life conflicts as his movie premieres; Jordan, Lance and Quentin grapple with revelations about their loved ones; Candace is challenged at school; Murch fights for respect; Shelby battles mother nature.

Airdate: 12/22/22

I was begging and pleading the show not to go there with the professor but, of course it did!

Where does this lead, Merch almost killing the guy?  LOL

Quentin seems like the best friend out of all of them.  Why is he the only one trying to mend fences and reach out to anyone who's left out of any moment?

Oh and Demetri, or Demetrius or whoever, is so ugly, and the actor keeps slurring his words.  i have to keep turning on the Closed captioning JUST for him.  Eyeroll.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was begging and pleading the show not to go there with the professor but, of course it did!

Where does this lead, Merch almost killing the guy?  LOL

I agree. I knew something with the professor would be "off" but I was hoping it would be plagiarizing her story and not what we got. I will say Regina delivered on her scenes. 

• Like 2

So Harper's answer for his failings is to accuse Robyn of being a dilettante. Right. And as far as the house is concerned, I think Robyn clearly balked on buying it. Harper just brushed off her concerns because he wanted what wanted, no matter what.

Jordan's emporary blindness sounds scary. As a daytime soap-watching veteran my first thought was brain tumor.

Demetrius is shady, because of course he is. Wonder why he pursued Jordan so hard though?

Whoa, foul on that play, Lance. LJ is way beyond the age where he needs his father choosing and laying his clothes out for him. And the crucifix? Virtue signaling is not the answer, nor is insinuating that LJ being non-binary is a sin.

Wait, what!? Why after all this time would Candace's thesis advisor make a move on her like that? Bizarre. (And I also was expecting him to plagiarize her work, which I suppose he could still try to do if he assumes Candace won't fight back.)

Oh no, poor Quentin. Looked like a heart attack the way he was clutching his left arm.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1