Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: The Dog Days of Christmas

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 12/16/2022 at 3:44 PM, mostlylurking said:

I was so happy to see Jane Curtin.  Jane looked a bit older than Katey because of the hair and the way she was styled, but I really didn’t care about the age discrepancy (or lack thereof). It’s acting.

To me she’s barely aged since the original Roseanne series!  That’s really incredible.

I think they both look really good, however I think maybe Katey needs to get her fillers changed out or something (I don’t know how that works). Her cheeks look like golf balls when she smiles.

Another funny thing is when Katey was on Married with Children (for all the oldsters like me), her character had what we called “the Peggy Bundy walk”.  Tiny steps teetering on stiletto heels.  Well, this is the third show I’ve watched Katey in and she STILL walks like that, ha!  I guess it wasn’t a Peg Bundy character thing but just a Katey thing :)

I loved Beverley Rose and her reason for not wanting to go to the wedding.  She was the cutest puppy and I empathized with Becky trying to tow that parenting line.  I have a four year old and the struggle is real.  I don’t think Becky said anything out of line about Emilio’s new wife.  She was just venting to her sister, sometimes mean things come out in those moments. Also, I think BR named my new puppy, if I ever get another one.

Add me to the list of those that miss DJ and Mary.  Jackie has been pretty good two episodes in a row.  I’m glad she put Doris in check from the jump.

I think Louise looks great and that her mother looks more mature but is still spry and upbeat, despite being miserable. That makes me feel like she could be Louise's mom. I agree that it's acting and styling/hair can make a character look older, just as it can in real life. 

Also agree re: Becky's feelings about the wedding. She didn't seem to have any bitterness toward the bride but isn't happy with her relationship status and felt less than confident about going to the wedding alone. Her daughter is old enough to realize her mom is unhappy about the wedding but not old enough to understand why. So, she just understood that the wedding makes her mom sad and didn't want to go. I liked how Becky handled that. 

On 12/13/2022 at 9:03 AM, ESS said:

🤷‍♀️ Personally as for Dan & Louise I think they look fine together and it's believable because I think that's how Louise always was you know acting young and definitely looking young so it's believable to me especially because she's a rock musician. 🤷‍♀️ 

Oh, I think they look fine together. Was just pointing out that Dan does look a lot more mature than Louise. But since folks know they're close in age in real life, as well as on the show, it's not really mentioned. People just look and age differently. As you pointed out, Louise just has a vibe that includes her style of dress and lifestyle, given the fact that she's a touring rock musician.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rocknrollzombie said:

Who gives a damm about going to a wedding alone Jesus I’m going to be 25 next year and don’t care if people think I’m alone or asking if I have a boyfriend. The writers make Becky pathetic to depend on a relationship her may focus should be college. 

Becky is twice as old as you, and being single at her age unfortunately gets treated differently by many than being single at your age.  But it's really about the specific situation of going to an ex's wedding alone, regardless of the circumstances of the break-up and status of your current relationship with the ex -- the single person, especially in the case of a woman, will get all kinds of either patronizing "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone too" comments or pitying glances and "So, you're still not seeing anyone?" questions all damn night. 

So I can understand Becky preferring to skip it (and then also being just fine going if that's what Beverly Rose wants).

• Like 1
  • Love 1