Type keyword(s) to search

Diane Sawyer Love Actually interview - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Diane Sawyer talks to the cast of ”Love Actually”  and its 20 year anniversary. It was interesting I guess. I find this movie to be sad, funny & maddening. Cheaters, Stalkers, & the worst; a little boy whose mother passed very recently, whose biggest concern now is a mad crush he has on a classmate. I’ve been through that and let me tell you if that’s the way this kid is feeling they should’ve whisked him off to psychotherapy.

I’ve found it very very odd that there was no mention of Alan Rickman. 

I finally watched that film a couple of years ago, and came away enraged I'd given away over two hours of my life to such an utter waste of acting talent on some of the worst characters and storylines I've ever suffered through (when I posted in its thread, someone was kind enough to share this hilarious rant about this example of how wrong movies can go when they're made for women by a man).  The only story worth watching was that of Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson's characters, so I'm quite surprised to read there was no mention ever made of Rickman!  Also just because, hello - Alan Rickman!

• Applause 1

I was skeptical about this, because how could Diane interview so many people and with 45 minutes of content, be anything we haven’t heard before or see in all the promos? But I should have known with Diane Sawyer at the helm, we get insightful and thoughtful pieces about What is Love?, actually.