Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Standoff

• Start Topic

After a father and daughter are kidnapped on Thanksgiving, the team discovers a hostage situation involving police deputies. When the gunmen offer an exchange for the hostages, Simone is sent undercover by Garza, and Lopez arrives to help rescue Wesley. Meanwhile, Laura and Brendon search for a nanny cam that could reveal the identity of the kidnapper.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2022      10pm     ABC
165265_7766.jpg
165265_8412.jpg
165264_1994.jpg

I liked that Simone talked like someone who knew how to relate to young (and other) people without saying "I used to be a high school guidance counselor."

I was momentarily disappointed that the ex-actor rookie didn't take his trainer to a fancy party with celebrities, but the late Thanksgiving feast at Simone's house was much better because celebrity party sounds like too much stressful drama.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

John Pyper-Ferguson as baddie Novak Stepanov was oddly smiley. I'm assuming that was direction, but I'm not sure what they were going for.

I'd normally assume sociopathic but they also seemed to go out of their way to make him seem to really care about the flunky who was shot so that doesn't really work.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:23 PM, shapeshifter said:

I liked that Simone talked like someone who knew how to relate to young (and other) people without saying "I used to be a high school guidance counselor."

Agreed, but it was still a bit annoying that she just HAPPENED to run into a young and impressionable bad guy...AGAIN.

Also, small gripe, but come on, if Garza and his niece were going ANYwhere after the case was wrapped up, it would have been to HER mother/HIS sister's place, right? 

• Like 1