Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Where Do We Go Now?

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

This one felt a bit like filler, with them separated almost immediately and each reconnecting with their exes.

Jen's reaction to that creepy twin doll room was fantastic, but I could have done without the casual insertion of being groped by the father.  It' not harmless just because he's old and uses a wheelchair.

Judy's "I think I need another scan, because I think the biopsy lady did something wrong with the needle" denial was heartbreaking, and then so touching for her to admit it, and repeat it out loud even when she realized Michelle was already asleep.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

This one felt a bit like filler, with them separated almost immediately and each reconnecting with their exes.

Jen's reaction to that creepy twin doll room was fantastic, but I could have done without the casual insertion of being groped by the father.  It' not harmless just because he's old and uses a wheelchair.

Judy's "I think I need another scan, because I think the biopsy lady did something wrong with the needle" denial was heartbreaking, and then so touching for her to admit it, and repeat it out loud even when she realized Michelle was already asleep.

And Ben's immediate knowledge of which room, when Jen referred to it as "the Victorian nightmare".

• Love 4
On 11/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, BlueSkies said:

That was weird.  I was waiting for Jen to go apeshit after Ben's confession but instead they sleep together 😕

I think in a weird way she felt that Ben's confession evened the score between them and felt a bit relieved of her guilt.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I think in a weird way she felt that Ben's confession evened the score between them and felt a bit relieved of her guilt.

Yeah, there's so much specific weirdness going on among all these people that they can accept things many people couldn't without quite some time, if ever. 

There's the fact she's keeping secret having killed his brother - the discovery of that tragedy being the root of winding up in position to drunkenly hit and run - that she knows from her experience with Judy how one can be a good person, truly haunted and remorseful over that horrible act, that, unlike the husband and Steve, she and Judy are alive and relatively unharmed as a result of the accident, and that she has existing feelings for Ben (which I've never fully signed onto, as I don't get what the big attraction is with either of these twin dudes, but it's what the show has posited, so I roll with it).

• Love 2