Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Turn Down for What

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Grace and Carter’s wedding right around the corner, antics ensue. While Denise and Laura kidnap Grace for a surprise bachelorette party, Preach and Billy take Carter out for drinks, and everyone ends the night with more than they bargained for. JJ puts together another Vortex game night with Spencer, Jordan, Layla, and Olivia that goes awry when secrets are aired. Meanwhile, Coop is coming to terms with some disappointing news.

Airdate: 11/07/2022

Okay, I'll admit that I was slightly amused by JJ still being obsessed with finding the "girl in the pantsuit" and then I chuckled at his revelation at the end. 

The rest of the show was a little better than the others so far this season, too.  It was nice to see the characters have fun for once.

The will-they/won't-they of Spencer and Olivia is getting so old.  I thought they'd just get back together tonight, and the show could go on, but I guess not... ugh.  

• Love 2

The party and wedding was fun, the actors looked like they had fun dancing. It was also nice seeing the adults be the drunk an in trouble ones.

The sister was really annoying especially taking the microphone at the speeches when she wasn't asked to take part.

I thought they were finally ending this Liv/Spencer "break" instead it became closure? Spencer didn't really look like he agreed.

LOL at JJ figuring it out at the end. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I enjoy the episodes with more focus on the adults than usual, especially when they are being goofy.  It is probably because they're my age!  It did seem like Grace's sister's apology speech was still about making herself feel better like Grace had said when she was putting on the dress.  A private apology probably still would have been more appropriate even though Grace had shut her down once.  I'm glad that Preach went home because he would have faced really serious consequences if he'd been involved in the street-sign incident.

I figured they'd have some dumb reason for Spencer and Olivia to not get back together, because except for maybe on Felicity where she and Ben would break up and get back together like an episode later, shows love to drag everything on forever for no reason and to no one's enjoyment.  The same with Coop and Patience insisting they can only be friends, though I know they have things to work on.  I wonder if Coop is still dating Sky?  She mentioned her in the season premiere, so she'll probably pop up sometime when it's in the budget.  This week Asher got to sit out, so that Dillon could endure inappropriate game night.  (I hope Spencer dropped Dillon off at home before he went to the Baker house and hooked up with Olivia, otherwise he was stranded!)  It would be nice if it would be Jordan or Layla's turn to skip an episode at some point so that there could be a break from their story.  I read that the CW wants to cut its budget even more, so if this show has another season, maybe they will alternate weeks and there will be a lot of scenes of characters just talking on the phone or something because the person they're talking to can't appear that week.  I don't even want to know what would happen to the football scenes.  Maybe GAU will start playing 6-man football like at some small high schools.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1