Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Harvest

Trini
  • Start Topic

Nicky puts things with Bo on the back burner while she figures out how to help Pei-Ling. Sebastian voices his concern to Mei-Li about corporate's oversight on the restaurant. Sebastian voices his concern to Mei-Li about corporate's growing oversight on the restaurant. Althea and Evan help Jin after a local politician is robbed of some valuable research. Finally, Zhilan makes her move.

Marielle Woods directed the episode written by Melissa Rundle.

Airdate: 11/2/2022

(edited)

Yeah, the 'magic' parts of the show are getting a little too outlandish for me. And we're only on episode 5, so I know by the season (series?) finale it's going to be bonkers (like last season) - sigh. Well, at least the various magic plots are connected now.

Ugh, this Nicky/Bo thing is so CW. Still can't believe they spent 2 seasons with Nicky and Henry just for her to be making out with this other dude now (a dude who will probably have some Shocking Secret revealed later, because CW).

Aw, bye Simon! It was nice to have you back for a bit. I'm assuming that Henry might show up in that realm a some point, but what's Zhilan going to do until then?

Wow, would an investment firm really have so much say on the specifics of a menu? I thought it was a little ridiculous that one "fusion" dish was a big deal. Anyway, looks like Seb's criminal past is about to come back into play.

Okay, Jin's political subplot is getting more interesting. (It took me a little bit, but I recognized the councilman's(?) blonde lawyer(?) as one of the Royal Flush Gang from The Flash.)

Anyone want to speculate on whether Pei Ling and Zhilan will be alive at the end of the season? I feel like one will definitely make it; I'd be surprised if it was both.

Edited by Trini
ugh - dropped word
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Anyone want to speculate on whether Pei Ling and Zhilan will be alive at the end of the season? I feel like one will definitely make it; I'd be surprised if it was both.

I already guessed that Henry will kill the Pei Ling body... But she will end up sharing the Zhilan body. Comedy gold.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

RIP (again), Simon the Badass K-Pop Warrior.  Hopefully, your soul (and the rest) will be eventually free again so that you can kick ass and drop sick beats in the afterlife!

Curious what this means for Zhilan now since she's pretty much by herself now.  I'm guessing Henry getting a glimpse of her in that vision will come into play and somehow help her escape that wasteland.

Had no idea that having a fusion dish of some kind would cause that much turmoil, although I guess its foolish to underestimate how much a stickler some corporations can be.  Glad Mei-Lei backed Sebastian, but it certainly looks like this Carrie person is taking it personally to the point she's now digging into his past.  Dammit, Kim Rhodes, don't make me hate your character!

Looks like Anthony has some kind of skeleton in his closet.  One big enough to have him change his entire stance and pull a fast one on poor Jin and the rest of his team.  I wonder what will come out of that?

At least Pei-Leing has mentally caged (literally!) The Alchemist for now, but you just know she'll break out at most opportune moment!

Still hard to care about Nicky/Bo, when I still suspect she'll just end up back with Henry when this is all said and done.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Still hard to care about Nicky/Bo, when I still suspect she'll just end up back with Henry when this is all said and done.

Then he will have to go on an artifact hunt...

Sebastian disclosed his conviction,, so Carrie should not have any leverage.in this regard.

I can see Zhilan falling in love with Henry after he saves / redeems her... of course, that becomes problematic when she is sharing her body with Pei Ling...

Althea & Ryan will eventually solve the city election conspiracy... maybe Nancy Pelosi will drop by to offer them jobs in D.C.

I think one of the major reasons I have enjoyed this season so far is because Pei-Lin is in the main show.  I like her interactions with everyone else, so I really hope she stays.  The way she caged the Alchemist at the end was great.  

Hopefully, all the souls will be released again when the Alchemist is defeated.  

I usually hate it when a couple is separated and one starts a relationship/sleeps with with someone new, but somehow, I sort of feel the chemistry between Nicky and Bo.  They really did a number on Henry's character.  They better not make it a quadrangle with Zhilan.  

I usually hate magic storylines too but somehow, I think they made the candle work.  They've become a lot more skilled with all aspects of the show since the first season, so I hope they don't get cancelled.

I hope they don't make Carrie into a full-out villain but she sure seemed shady at the end.  I seriously doubt having a special "fusion" dish is going to tank the restaurant, idiot corporate overlords.   People who don't like it can just ignore it.  

The politics story was surprisingly interesting and it gives Jin a good story.  Were we supposed to glimpse something in the photo that the politician guy had in that secret envelope?  I wonder what his deep dark secret is.  What type of bleach he uses for his super white shirts?   He looked like he was ready to cry in that TV interview.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

Were we supposed to glimpse something in the photo that the politician guy had in that secret envelope?  I wonder what his deep dark secret is.

Closeted gay politician trope would be ridiculous in San Francisco....

4 hours ago, paigow said:

Closeted gay politician trope would be ridiculous in San Francisco....

I guess that could result in Jin getting Ryan to help the politician guy deal.  Maybe he comes from a very traditional Asian family, and if he's trying to get elected in Chinatown, where there could be a lot of socially conservative older voters.  I don't think I would totally mind this possibility.

If Althea and Gavin keep digging, I think they will eventually link back to that shady security firm who's probably controlled by the same powerful group trying get control of Henry the Compass.  Secret sect worshipping the Alchemist trying to bring her back?

• Love 1
On 11/4/2022 at 4:46 AM, paigow said:

Why is The Harvester helping The Alchemist? He was her old boyfriend? Is he actually still alive but trapped in the wasteland? 

If we go totally out-there, maybe Bo is The Harvester who's the Human...... Quadrant?  Who balances the Human Compass?  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Camera One said:

I usually hate it when a couple is separated and one starts a relationship/sleeps with with someone new, but somehow, I sort of feel the chemistry between Nicky and Bo.  They really did a number on Henry's character.  They better not make it a quadrangle with Zhilan.  

I will admit that Bo is cute, and he has chemistry with Nicky; BUT to me everything about him so far screams "temp stalling 'ship", and why are they even doing a temp ship after having established Nicky with Henry (who only broke up for the mildest of reasons)?

Ha! They better not add Zhilan to the mix! I think it's highly unlikely; but both she and Henry are single now....

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

If we go totally out-there, maybe Bo is The Harvester who's the Human...... Quadrant?  Who balances the Human Compass?  

I've been thinking it might be Bo (for whatever crazy reason they'll think up later), mainly because I think that actor and the stuntman(?) playing the Harvester look similar body-wise. Also why would they need to cover The Harvester's face if it wasn't someone we would recognize? It's either him or Kerwin. (Okay, I just really want to see Ludi again!)

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Trini said:

BUT to me everything about him so far screams "temp stalling 'ship", and why are they even doing a temp ship after having established Nicky with Henry (who only broke up for the mildest of reasons)?

Bo has been a nice guy, but Nicky really doesn't know him very well and vice versa, so it seems like most of it is physical attraction.  I'm also not sure why Nicky needs to be attached to anyone.  They could simply have Nicky still feeling some residual anger towards Henry and he could try to win her back eventually.  I suppose this is better than the previously expected triangle of Nicky falling back in love with Gavin, I guess?

• Like 1