Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Star Crossed

• Start Topic

Garza’s unit gets roped into a complicated kidnapping case involving a forbidden relationship between two rival drug-dealing gangs. Meanwhile, Simone’s love life is heating up; Laura comes face-to-face with her past, and Carter tries to reconnect with his wife.
Premiere Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022      10pm     ABC
164585_9882.jpg
164585_4956.jpg

There was nothing in that episode that I hadn't seen before. The story was as hackneyed as anything I have seen. They still managed to make it theirs and interesting. They could use some better story lines.

The Rookie/The Rookie: Feds crossover event. It seems like it is only one  episode and the cast of The Rookie: Feds will appear on The Rookie. 

The Rookie S05.E04: The Choice    SUNDAY, October 16, 2022       10pm      ABC
Rosalind returns with a vengeance and Bailey's life is left hanging in the balance. With a ticking clock, the LAPD and the FBI join forces, and Officer John Nolan is forced to make a deadly decision after a harrowing ultimatum.

4 minutes ago, Cryonix said:

Niecy Nash is so over the top with everything she does on this show & why does she need to wear the low cuts tops ALL the time ?

It's still too much, but we're definitely seeing her slowly but surely tone it down. I think she'll be pretty much normal by midseason. I agree that that is too long to expect people to wait to just give a normal acting performance, but I think we at least ARE headed that way. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Also, I know the former friend is supposed to be a bad person, but seriously, how does even a bad person think "I thought you should hear from me in person that I'm marrying your ex-fiance that I cheated with" make ANY sense?

You’re right that the terrible friend makes no sense in claiming that it would be less humiliating for the ex-fiancée friend to learn about the engagement from her cheating friend than from someone else. 

But the terrible friend really has convinced herself that she’s doing this noble act of telling the hurt, jilted, ex-friend and ex-fiancée the bad good news, when what the new fiancée really just wants is to see that the ex-fiancée still cares, thereby making the new fiancée feel like she is the winner.

But then the ex-fiancée asks to see the bad friend again and points out that “once a cheater, always a cheater,” thereby confirming all the doubts the new fiancée was repressing.

So, hurray, I guess? 
I can’t imagine how that little soap opera can contribute meaningfully to the show or the characters. It seems like the writer should have left that bit in their diary.

• Love 1

It really does feel like they skimped out on her backstory compared to the others. The others have these elaborate set of conflicts, and hers is, "How can you trust a profiler if their fiance and best friend betrayed her?" which really doesn't feel like something the FBI would actually give a shit about. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It really does feel like they skimped out on her backstory compared to the others. The others have these elaborate set of conflicts, and hers is, "How can you trust a profiler if their fiance and best friend betrayed her?" which really doesn't feel like something the FBI would actually give a shit about. 

Or that would happen???