Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Next Day

Bort
  • Start Topic

I know it’s a TV show but c’mon.  Izzy has had a leg prostheses for how long with zero issues and then five minutes after landing in the past she breaks it just by pretty much walking?

On 10/4/2022 at 6:22 AM, nokat said:

Eve's perfectly curly hair is natural and not because she has an endless supply of hair products that fall through the hole. No food or antibiotics, just hair products.

To be fair, given what that part of California is famous for, I could see there being an upside down van or trailer full of beauty products.

5 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

To be fair, given what that part of California is famous for, I could see there being an upside down van or trailer full of beauty products.

I'll give you that point. Probably lots of blonde hair dye too.

I hate it when a genre show is not consistent with its own mythology. Case in point, season 1 explained clearly that the sinkhole was a portal across time, in the same place. It even made a point of hiding the ring under a rock that 10k years later was still in place. And now, out of sudden, the sinkhole is also a portal through time and space? How convenient. My speculation is that TPTB planned to have Gavin et. al.'s journey from Pacific North to San Fernando Valley as part of season 2. That plan was then cancelled for one reason or the other.

Did people really leave their doors unlocked in 1988, even when they took extended leave? And then announced that they were not home for an extended period on their answering machine?

Regarding woolly rhinoceros, first they were not native to North America. Second, they were herbivorous, just like extant rhinos. Why would they be hunting humans?

Levi had a pistol, did he not? Why did he give himself up instead of demanding that Eve be released otherwise he would put a shiny one in each of the captors' head?

Edited by TV Anonymous
1988, not 1998.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TV Anonymous said:

Did people really leave their doors unlocked in 1998, even when they took extended leave? And then announced that they were not home for an extended period on their answering machine?

The answering machine maybe because they weren't that common. 

Leaving the doors unlocked in Los Angeles in 1988? Bitch, please. Maybe in smalltown Kansas but Los Angeles?

On 10/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, TV Anonymous said:

I hate it when a genre show is not consistent with its own mythology. Case in point, season 1 explained clearly that the sinkhole was a portal across time, in the same place. It even made a point of hiding the ring under a rock that 10k years later was still in place. And now, out of sudden, the sinkhole is also a portal through time and space? How convenient. My speculation is that TPTB planned to have Gavin et. al.'s journey from Pacific North to San Fernando Valley as part of season 2. That plan was then cancelled for one reason or the other.

I saw an interview with the case where the interview commented on Gavin's hair growing a lot in the "one day" between the end of last season and this premiere. And the actors said it was originally supposed to be more of a time jump between seasons. So maybe they were going to have the journey be during a several week/month gap. But I agree it is a pretty big change in mythology.

• Useful 1

I'm in the midst of terrible weather, so I finished last season and started this one and Izzy, and her prosthetic leg, thought that going back 10000 years in time and having to hike 1200 miles (well, that was the original plan) was a good idea? I mean, if you want to find your family, let your dad go and not be a hindrance to him. 

But I'm not a writer for this series, so I can think clearly.  Sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1