Type keyword(s) to search

House of the Quotes: Three men named Daemon, Aemond & Vaemond walk into a bar...

• Start Topic

Here's the thread for the dialogue of "House of the Dragon," such as Lord Corlys' words to Prince Daemon: "We are the Realm's second sons. Our worth is not given. It must be made." This is a great line because it shows Lord Corlys as a man who just wants to protect what's his, but the King, aka Prince Daemon's brother, doesn't seem to care, hence their new-and unholy-alliance.

Post your favorite "HotD" quotes here.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

There is a notable lack of humor. Matt Smith and Paddy are trying but there are no good lines at all. It's disappointing honestly.  But both producers are kind of deadly serious in interviews. Not charming at all.

They haven't introduced enough secondary characters.

There was some humor and mocking when that young kid did his pitch.  And it's suppose to be humorous that he drew his sword on a bigger guy and killed him?

6 minutes ago, aghst said:

And it's suppose to be humorous that he drew his sword on a bigger guy and killed him?

Meh. I think that was more the randomness of life/death in this world. Plus Rhaenyra doesn't seem all that fussed. It's Cole who worries for her. 

I guess the scene over the musician playing and Alicient and Rhaenyra pulling rank was meant to be cute but no good lines there. Just pettiness.

Viserys kicking an incredibly hung-over Daemon.  "Won't you even deny it?"

Daemon (lying on the floor) "I need to understand the charge before I can attempt to discredit it."

Not funny, but definitely a bit snarky, especially considering he's barely functional at the time.

• Like 3