Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E19: Avian Apocalypse

• Start Topic

The Cornelia Marie crashes into the ice pack when the greenhorn on watch falls asleep at the wheel. Jake's crew experiences a stunning phenomenon when a flock of seabirds bombards the Saga. Wild Bill tackles an unsafe sea state on the Summer Bay.

On the CM there are two captains. So why isn't one sleeping while one is steering the boat? There should be no reason for a greenhorn to be on watch when two captains could take turns driving. Was this scene with the greenhorn falling asleep just for drama?  

• Love 3

Because Josh isn't really a Captain, I'll bet.   He can only drive the boat if Casey is sitting right there.    Or else you know he needed his precious beaty sleep so he could look good for the cameras.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just thought that part of the episode was a bit much. Josh and Casey sit in the wheelhouse all the time talking about the deck crew. To expect the deck crew to work for 27 hours and then be on watch was abuse. If there was only one captain, then yes, the greenhorn falling asleep might be expected. But with two captains the crew should never have to drive the boat. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Andy Hillestrand and Monte Colburn always managed to find something to do. Not only does Josh not even try - he is dropping even what little effort he put forward in the wheelhouse trying to sound like he was involved.  Does he have some fantasy that post DC they will pay for him to fish in warm water locales? 

And speaking of that "show," is it really a show if it is tagged without acknowledgement onto a DC episode? Do people actually watch it? At least last night's waste of time second hour tribute to the captain with really bad luck shoehorned in some Sig.

I am looking forward to the Norwegian series coming up. 

• Love 1
On 8/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, js9548 said:

I just thought that part of the episode was a bit much. Josh and Casey sit in the wheelhouse all the time talking about the deck crew. To expect the deck crew to work for 27 hours and then be on watch was abuse. If there was only one captain, then yes, the greenhorn falling asleep might be expected. But with two captains the crew should never have to drive the boat. 

This! And then take the seat away. Take Josh's away. He doesn't do anything anyway.  Casey was a total asshole. With regard to the ducks on Jake's boat, I wonder how many of them were injured, and then tossed back into the sea? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1