Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Fire

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, KristenR said:

I was today years old when I learned that might not be a fact after all.

Many Identical Twins Actually Have Slightly Different DNA

That is an interesting article, and I am bound to ask if they are genuinely identical then or just look alike. But I will accept this and also say if this show stumbled into being correct, you (and I) have done more research than the show's team have by reading this article. I doubt they knew this was rare among "identicals" and thought it was the norm.

You're probably correct. If it was planned, there would have (should have) been some reaction in the scene about the fact that they didn't have identical DNA since most people are familiar with the concept of identical twins having identical DNA. And since apparently they're so identical, only three people were ever able to tell them apart.

• Love 3

There was an interesting article in the NYT this week about doppelgängers. It seems that unrelated people who look a lot alike share a higher percentage of genes than unrelated people who don't look a lot alike. It was also suggested that maybe we all have a doppelgänger because at some point, there are only so many ways to make a face, so nature starts repeating itself. The pictures of the look-alikes were amazing. 

As Cosmo Kramer once so wisely said, "Mother Nature's a mad scientist, Jerry!"

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Okay, so Leni started the fire because she was jealous of Gina's relationship with Dylan and was planning on framing Dylan for it to get him out of town, etc.   But did Leni know there was anyone in the church when she started the fire?  Also, did they know the person that died in the fire?   Is that person related to anyone or should we know who they were in some way?  

I'm disappointed - I came to this show solely for Matt Bomer and there hasn't been nearly enough of his pretty to  counteract this horrid mess.  I'm actually surprised he took this role.  Like did it somehow not seem as stupid in script?  Did things change along the way?  I don't think he just needs the money as he's been in a lot of movies and tv shows the last several years.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2