Type keyword(s) to search

Terrance Higgins: D.J. NO Time

TERRANCE (on organizing his "freeze the noms, evict Monte" movement):  This is how you play the game!

Well…not if you want to win, it's not.

But, to be fair, Terrance's chance of winning was minimal, right from the start.  He seems unlikely to become a challenge threat (although he did acquit himself well during OTEV), so he would probably only reach the final 2 as a goat.  And even Derek F last season had something of an advantage because of his alliance.

Still, unthreatening older players who survive the early weeks of "get rid of the easy boot" can usually run fairly deep into the game.  From Sheila Kennedy (S9) to Col. Jerry (S10) to Adam Poch (S13) to Cliff Hogg (S21), there's precedent.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Terrance endure for a while on the "nobody wants to waste their HoH on him" pass.

But unless he turns out to be a whiz at quizzes and takes control of the late game and can somehow pull an upset during one of the first two parts of the final HoH (which are traditionally both physical; first endurance, then a timed competition), I'm going to have to throw Terrance's hopes of victory under the bus.  All aboard!

• Like 1
On 8/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, Halting Hex said:

Well…not if you want to win, it's not.

But, to be fair, Terrance's chance of winning was minimal, right from the start.  He seems unlikely to become a challenge threat (although he did acquit himself well during OTEV), so he would probably only reach the final 2 as a goat.  And even Derek F last season had something of an advantage because of his alliance.

Still, unthreatening older players who survive the early weeks of "get rid of the easy boot" can usually run fairly deep into the game.  From Sheila Kennedy (S9) to Col. Jerry (S10) to Adam Poch (S13) to Cliff Hogg (S21), there's precedent.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Terrance endure for a while on the "nobody wants to waste their HoH on him" pass.

But unless he turns out to be a whiz at quizzes and takes control of the late game and can somehow pull an upset during one of the first two parts of the final HoH (which are traditionally both physical; first endurance, then a timed competition), I'm going to have to throw Terrance's hopes of victory under the bus.  All aboard!

Kevin in Cody/Jessica's season went far, too.

• Useful 1

Well, I'm not exactly thrilled with the result of Terrance's HoH week, but he did play it well, IMO. 

And more importantly, he's made BB History!  At age 47, Terrance is the oldest HG ever to win the HoH/Veto double on the same week.

Chicken George (age 47 in All-Stars) and Cliff Hogg III (age 54) also won both honors, but not in the same Week.  (Cliff did win consecutive competitions, winning the Camp Comeback re-entry before going on to win HoH, but that's still not quite the same.) S3's Gerry Lancaster, at age 51, won a HoH and two Vetos (including the first ever), but no double. 

And S10's Colonel Jerry McDonald, at age 75, won two HoHs and two Vetos…but again, never in the same week.

Congratulations, Terrance!

• Love 1