Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: You Don’t Know Me

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The girls enlist Junior’s help to find their shady roommate, Lauryn, who has a habit of mysteriously disappearing. Junior wonders if Annika is starting to catch feelings for him, while Aaron suspects that Doug isn’t being honest with him.

Airdate: 08/17/2022

So was Lauren a character we'd been introduced to prior to this? I'm finding it very hard to follow along with the lack of familiarity with the new characters.

Like this description for this week's episode:

While pledging for Gamma Psi Delta, Junior and Zeke find their brotherhood put to the test when a night of challenges and a quest to prove their loyalty goes awry.

Who is Zeke? Brotherhood with Junior? I can't think of a character he seems all that close to so far.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm really liking Junior and he does the voiceover a lot better than Zoey. She could be funny sometimes but mostly her voiceovers were melodramatic and overdone, but Junior's voiceovers feel very natural. So it's annoying me that the show itself isn't that good because I actually think he could carry it off.

I also went back and watched the first 2 seasons again and this really was a good show in the beginning. When it was actually about college kids and experiences that seemed relatable, it was good. Zoey was self-absorbed but I could still see how she had friends, but toward the end of the second season is when I started to question why anyone would hang around her and her drama. Interestingly, that's when they had Jazz turn on her and it occurred to me that Jazz never really liked her, it was one of those "friend of my friends" situations where you wind up in a friend group with a person you don't necessarily like that much. And once the fight with Zoey gave her a chance to unload, 2 years worth of shit tumbled out, lol.

This new version of the show is starting out where the previous show left off, with less of the general college experience and more focus very specific, niche scenarios like Luca's sister and her chronic social justice commentary. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

So was Lauren a character we'd been introduced to prior to this? I'm finding it very hard to follow along with the lack of familiarity with the new characters. 

Just watched it a few minutes ago.   No clue who this Lauren was.   I'm just hate watching at this point.   Too funny that Zoey is barely in it... LOL.

I watched the first couple of episodes of the new season but realized that I didn't care about any of these new people. And I also didn't care about the stories for Aaron and Doug in this season. So I decided that for me the season 4 finale was the series finale and I'm no longer watching this show.

• Love 1