Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: A Program of Complete Disorder

aghst
  • Start Topic

When Victoria Dryden runs away from home, Sinclair sends Jackie to find her. Caysen is after justice for BPD Officer Russ Wallace, who he believes may have been intentionally executed by another member of the Strike Force. The incident sparks a dispute at the Ward home in Brooklyn, where Decourcy is looking after his ailing father. While building a case on behalf of her impaled client, Siobhan experiences an intensifying array of symptoms. Diarmuid Doyle tries to help Jenny remedy what has been bothering her, but his plan backfires. 

So Jackie and Jenny are enjoying the new BMW M5, which Dryden gave to Jackie to shut up about the expensive wine bottle and 2 glasses found in the dead girl's apartment.

At some point, Jackie may actually have a conscience.

Otherwise, he'd have been bummed to find out that his employer probably killed that girl and that the "We are the world" FBI guys who took over his cases are basking in the glory as they crack them.

It's a pretty incredible story line, a BPD cop blatantly executing another cop who was going to testify against a third cop accused of executing a suspect.

The ballistics are unambiguous so the IAD guy just drops the case?

Wow Boston is such a cesspool.  But DeCourcy is the crusading reformer who's going to clean it all up, as an outsider from NYC and also a black man?

Actually, prosecutors tend to take the side of the cops don't they?  I don't know about back in the '90s but until smart phone cameras and social media, cops could get away with everything.  Even when videos go viral of them executing some innocent person, they're not always prosecuted or even fired?

Even when fired they find other police jobs in other cities.  The big cities have been paying out millions for wrongful deaths by their cops.

If they're willing to kill another cop, it would be even more dangerous for DeCourcy to try to crack down on the BPD.  At a minimum, the cops might try to sabotage his cases or not cooperate with him.

I think a cop killing another cop would cross a line, even back then. Shooting Anton and lying about it, I could see they would get away with. I'm surprised the cop actually spoke up about it, but I guess he was young. Caysen seems like a legitimately good po-lice and kind of out of place there. I did laugh when he flung the stapler though. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, aghst said:

Otherwise, he'd have been bummed to find out that his employer probably killed that girl and that the "We are the world" FBI guys who took over his cases are basking in the glory as they crack them.

I like the show reminding us that Jackie is actually good at his job. That's not going to be good for Corbin Bernsen. 

Sib had a nice monologue about sharing your hurt, but when is she going to tell Decourcy that she's flipping out?

On 8/14/2022 at 7:54 PM, Orbert said:

Not many people still watching this show, it seems.  At least Jackie and DeCourcy are back in the same city again, so hopefully they'll team up again.

I just discovered this show last week. I've binged the 1st and 2nd season after watching season 3 opener. Kevin Bacon is outstanding. He deserves the Emmy. He is so good, and makes it seem so natural, as if he was from Boston and not Philly.