Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Gods and Monsters

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jackie gets a job offer but has no idea what he's getting himself into. Decourcy receives bad news which lands him back in Brooklyn. Siobhan takes on a case against a construction colossus. Jenny volunteers at a community center.

I'm not sure what the rules are for posting before it airs on linear channels.

It's been available for a few days on Showtime Anytime streaming.

But Showtime generally makes shows which normally air on Sunday nights available on streaming at 12 AM EST, as soon as it's Sunday.

Will wait for now.

Edited by aghst

I am glad this is back!  Corbin Bernsen’s character needs to come to a nasty end sooner than later.  And whoever takes this guy out can take the whacko wife and bitchy daughter too.

Ah, the “Big Dig”…the great boondoggle that made many rich(er) but made things worse for the drivers, residents and taxpayers.  Someone I am very close to worked on this project for 10 years.  The firsthand stories he has about wasteful spending, the back door deals and safety violations are almost unbelievable.  But I have lived in the greater Boston area all my life, so I am fully aware of our illustrious crooked history!

Well the two leads looked like they were going nowhere at the end of last season.

New season starts, surprise, DeCourcy is up for a bigger job and Jackie just got a cushy all-cash gig that he doesn't even have to declare!

But turns out DeCourcy has to compete vs. a hotshot Latina prosecutor and Jackie is working for a rapist whose victim committed suicide.

As for the Big Dig victim, I guess they had to give Siobhan something to do as well.

Jenny threatened to get a job but goes volunteer instead, even though their money situation isn't secure.  They're sending their daughter to NYU and Jenny complains about $20k tuition -- I forget this was taking place 20-30 years ago.

Meanwhile a cop who testified against another cop for executing a black suspect gets shot in the head from behind by another cop.  The dead cop has a pregnant wife.

Wow, Boston seems like it was a shitty place.

4 hours ago, aghst said:

Wow, Boston seems like it was a shitty place.

It isn’t perfect; plenty of crime, crooked politicians, drugs and an ever increasing affordable housing crisis.  But unfortunately that’s the case in so many large US cities. NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Miami, Detroit…none of them are ideal places to live.

I'm glad the show is back, but man, I forgot how hard it is to watch sometimes.  So many of the characters are total garbage, including some of the "good guys".  But I can't stop watching.

I didn't recognize Corbin Bernsen as Dryden, though he did look familiar.  I'm not clear on exactly what happened when he visited Dominique at her dorm, though.  He brings wine, explains how "nothing happened", and next thing we know, she's OD'ing.  Presumably voluntarily (?) since she called Victoria to apologize to her, and said that she knew what happened.  So... ?

Similar to Season 2, it looks like Jackie and DeCourcy's storylines this season will be basically disconnected, which is a bummer, because what I loved about Season 1 was how they worked together, mostly, yet each with their own agendas.  Maybe DeCourcy ends up prosecuting Dryden or something.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Orbert said:

I didn't recognize Corbin Bernsen as Dryden,

He sure doesn't look anything close to Arnie on LA Law!!! And what a hideous character!!! His wife and kid? Also a pair of psychos.

This is going to be an interesting season.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2022 at 10:29 AM, BusyOctober said:

Ah, the “Big Dig”…the great boondoggle that made many rich(er) but made things worse for the drivers, residents and taxpayers.

So awful getting to the airport. I'm glad they worked it into the show. You kind of have to. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:50 AM, Orbert said:

I didn't recognize Corbin Bernsen as Dryden, though he did look familiar.  I'm not clear on exactly what happened when he visited Dominique at her dorm, though.  He brings wine, explains how "nothing happened", and next thing we know, she's OD'ing.  Presumably voluntarily (?) since she called Victoria to apologize to her, and said that she knew what happened.  So... ?

I didn't understand either. He said, 'oh you're attracted to me; I'm happily married.' But then she called Victoria and said she remembered? Unless he raped her in between those scenes. I hope they clear it up. 

With Jackie getting revenge on what happened to Benny, Corbin Bernsen better watch it. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:50 AM, Orbert said:

Similar to Season 2, it looks like Jackie and DeCourcy's storylines this season will be basically disconnected, which is a bummer, because what I loved about Season 1 was how they worked together, mostly, yet each with their own agendas.  Maybe DeCourcy ends up prosecuting Dryden or something.

I don't know why they're doing this because them being together is clearly the strength of the show. I thought they were going to pull a switch and have Jackie work for DeCourcy. Although, if DeCourcy wants to beat out the rival for the AD job, he could enlist Jackie on the dl for off books investigation or something. 

I'm more invested in "Boston" as a character. I don't really get too much into the family storylines either Jackie or Decourcy. They dropped this competition plot, and then he goes off to Brooklyn for the father. I'm just not really interested. 

On 8/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Orbert said:

I'm glad the show is back, but man, I forgot how hard it is to watch sometimes.  So many of the characters are total garbage, including some of the "good guys".  But I can't stop watching.

I’m guessing that DeCourcy will be prosecuting the rapist and the rapist will want Jackie to hide things.    
It doesn’t make sense that she would commit suicide over this. And it doesn’t make sense that Dryden would go to her apartment to deny anything happened making him look even more guilty.    

That makes sense.  We'll get a flashback-type scene showing what really happened.  I'm not sure why I was expecting a straight narrative when this show loves to give you pieces at a time, out of order, and make you put them together.